Post Production Producer
Posted 24 Mar 2020
Closes 23 Apr 2020
The Finch Company is one of Australia’s most highly awarded and successful film production companies. We are currently searching for a new member for our vfx and postproduction team. We are looking for an extremely motivated, enthusiastic producer who is passionate about film and the creation of beautiful pictures
- Prepare accurate and high detailed budgets and advising on both high end VFX and fast turnaround adaptation work.
- Plan, coordinate and lead projects from storyboard through to final delivery.
- Ensuring correct scheduling of sessions.
- Manage project negotiation and utilize all resources efficiently.
- Work alongside Leads and creative supervisors to track and manage projects.
- Manage resources and ensure a strong line of communication between teams and all support departments.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors or department heads.
- Oversee the execution of all masters and final client deliveries.
- Reconciling and billing projects.
- Answering client technical queries or liaising with operators or technical staff to obtain and provide requested information.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional atmosphere to each project, being proactive and solution-orientated.
- Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback to appropriate creative, production and operational personnel.
- Monitor and review project demands on creative artists and ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
- Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
- A detailed comprehensive understanding of all aspects of post production from Offline, through grade to final delivery.
- Monitor and ensure the most effective use of the company’s technical, creative and resources to deliver a successful outcome on projects.
- Keep abreast of new techniques and workflows within the company and as it relates to the broader industry.
- 4-5 years minimum experience as a VFX Producer.
- Highly organized
- Exemplary time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work within a team towards a common goal
- Understanding of common file formats and resolutions
This role is a full time position, based in our Sydney office.
Salary range is $65,000- $75,000 based.