Personal Assistant/Office Manager
Posted 5 Jan 2020
Closes 4 Feb 2020
We are looking for a personal assistant / office manager extraordinaire to be the day to day aide for our Managing Director. The scope of this role is broad, no two days will ever be the same! If you thrive in a fast pace environment, have a high attention to detail and love helping others, we want you in our team.
To be successful, you’ll leverage your experience assisting a senior executive to help manage a busy office of 24 people, and organising the dairy and day to day needs for our Director. You will have impeccable communication skills, a flair for running small events (ie: in your personal life it might be dinner events and parties; and at work, it might be client dinners, company events like Melbourne Cup & Christmas); and you have a passion for helping others.
Some of the things included in your day will be:
- Provide high end support to two very busy Directors
- Organise staff events / celebrations / birthdays etc
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements
- Manage office supplies and stationery; and organise office maintenance and repairs
- General administration assistance including front of house
- Assist with weekly payroll functions for our casual workforce
- Assist with data entry and office filing
WHO ARE YOU?
This position will be best suited to candidates with impeccable attention to detail, enthusiasm for assisting others and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ideally, you have experience in a similar role; or have worked in the marketing/comms industry
- Experience managing events and a proven ability to work autonomously
- Exceptional organisational skills, the adaptability to take on various tasks, in a fast-moving environment
- You will be a team player and prepared to jump in to assist others, a real people pleaser!
- You will have a driver’s license and a car
- Have a business, marketing or commercially focused degree
- Regular XPO Travel rewards. Everything from flight vouchers, business class upgrades, and even plenty of fun conferences.
- Half day Fridays once a month – starting weekends a little early to keep the batteries charged!
- If the half days aren’t enough, you will love our bar. We have a beers and cocktails on tap, and our Friday cheese boards are a little out of hand. Too much cheese is never a bad thing!