Posted 23 Jul 2019
Closes 22 Aug 2019
Oyster is looking for a strategic and creative thinker who will work with us to manage partnerships across print, digital and IRL.
– Identify, develop and close advertising and brand partnership opportunities
– Manage existing client and agency relationships
– Interpret client briefs and work with the relevant Oyster team members to come up with creative solutions to offer brand partners
– Work closely with the Editorial Director in ensuring all partnerships are aligned with the Group’s strategic direction and editorial approach, helping both the team and partners to produce meaningful content
– Oversee the delivery of all campaigns and projects, with a view to achieving the client’s objectives and KPI’s in a way that’s in line with Oyster’s style of content
– Opportunities to work strategically with the management team to grow Oyster’s commercial offering
– Report directly to the Publisher and work day-to-day with the broader team.
The successful applicant will have:
– Held a similar role (i.e. managing sales and partnerships at a publishing company, or managing publisher campaigns on behalf of clients at a media or advertising agency in the past), ideally for 3+ years, with a proven track record of success.
– Strong industry knowledge and established contacts within the media and advertising industries and/or fashion, beauty, lifestyle and youth culture brands.
– A strong understanding and interest in all forms of media
– A personal interest in the key areas of fashion, beauty, music, pop-culture and the arts
– Excellent people skills, with a natural ability to build relationships
– An entrepreneurial spirit
– An ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
– Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
– Knowledge of Google Ad Manager, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite are preferred but not essential
Payment Package + Work Hours
Salary + commission-based bonuses
OR Commission-based only
Hours can be flexible.
Founded in 1994 as a print publication, today, Oyster is an independent multi-platform media brand covering fashion, beauty, music, art, culture and travel. Created by creatives, for creatives, Oyster genuinely explores the points of view, politics and passions held by those in the business.