Sydney - North-shore & Northern Beaches
Posted 6 Nov 2019
Closes 6 Dec 2019
Proper Goods is a leading eyewear and sunglass supplier to the Australia and NZ market, importing global brands Moscot, Garrett Leight California Optical, Mykita, and Ahlem eyewear.
We have curated a niche by delivering highest quality, fashion forward products with an unparalleled service level and seek to challenge the status quo. Proper Goods delivers our brands exclusively, managing the market top to bottom, including wholesale sales, B2C e-commerce, distribution and marketing solutions.
We are seeking an engaged and switched on individual to commandeer the role of Operations Coordinator within our growing business. The Operations Coordinator will work closely with their operations, customer service and shipping team end to end, throughout our procurement, shipping, and delivery process. If you have a keen interest in business & fashion and would like to progress your career learning the ins and outs of importing, and distribution we could be a perfect match.
The ideal candidate for this key position will have previous experience in any of business administration, accounts , supply chain coordination or logistics operations and strong understanding and a willingness to learn. They will have a demonstrated ability to be proactive and show initiative, and manage multiple conflicting priorities. An interest in the eyewear or fashion industries is a must.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role we are on the hunt for someone who has:
- Impeccable communication and customer service skills
- Commitment to enhancing the customer experience and delivering customer success
- Proven ability to adapt to change and manage changing priorities with impeccable attention to detail
- Must have – minimum basic business, accounts or admin understanding
- Must have – Basic experience using an ERP system (SAP, Netsuite or the like)
- Must have – Good to high level of proficiency in Excel
- Great analytical skills
- Well organised and an ability to work to deadlines
- A team player mentality, who is hungry to achieve and eager to learn, ability to work under pressure
As the life blood of our back office you will be required to;
- Communicate with suppliers in relation to the processing of purchase orders
- Motivate and lead the shipping and customer service team to provide outstanding customer service to our customers, co-workers, vendors and partners.
- Oversee the shipping and receiving functions of the Distribution Center. Supervise the processing, preparation, and packaging all orders for shipment. Ensure e-commerce orders in by 3 pm go out the same day.
- Managing inventory receipt, and billing
- Creating commercial shipping documents, and processing outbound shipments with freight forwarders
- Establishing and maintain product databases and their pricing
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the shipping team to provide outstanding customer service to all customers and accounts
- When needed, perform the responsibilities of the customer service team, and/or shipping centre.
- Perform ad-hoc short & long-term projects to improve efficiencies, & set foundations for future scale.
- Contact Name: Ben Walters
- Contact Email: [email protected]