Music Tutors & Trainees
Posted 4 Oct 2019
Closes 3 Nov 2019
Why Australian Girls Choir (AGC)?
We’re an innovative, collaborative and dynamic workplace, where a shared interest for the performing arts brings together many people from a variety of backgrounds with unique skills. Facilitating individual growth with ongoing training and development, we know that people (you!) are important drivers of our success. As such, we strive to connect, inspire and support every staff member, which is why we have many long-standing employees of more than 10 years. We are seeking a suitably qualified music or choral teachers with enthusiasm, energy and proven leadership and teaching skills. It is desirable for applicants to have experience teaching junior primary students.
Successful applicants will have:
- A passion for girls’ education and champion the value of Performing Arts participation
- Experience or interest in music, performing arts and education
- A valid Working with Children’s Check and, preferably, a driver’s licence
- Experience teaching groups of children between the ages of 5 and 11 (required)
- Be available to work on Saturday mornings during school term (required)
- A qualification in music and/or teaching or working towards a qualification in either field (desired)
- Experience with the Kodaly method of teaching (desired)
Excellent presentation, well-developed communication and interpersonal skills are essential for all roles, along with a passion for the performing arts and an interest and love of engaging children.
As classes are extra-curricular many of our casual staff members study or hold full-time positions outside the AGC. Many of our tutors find that working with the AGC provides them with an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of teaching professionals; complements their performance practice and contributes to their sense of personal achievement.
ASPA embodies passion, enthusiasm, dedication and energy. We work hard but have a lot of fun too!
If you have a passion for teaching and the performing arts, and can’t wait to bring your enthusiasm, energy and flair to our team, send your cover letter and resume to our HR Coordinator, Sionainn Hayes, at [email protected]
Application close Friday October 18.
- Contact Name: Sionainn Hayes
- Contact Email: [email protected]