Music Tutors, Trainees & Venue Managers
Posted 4 Oct 2019
Closes 3 Nov 2019
Why Australian Girls Choir (AGC)?
We’re an innovative, collaborative and dynamic workplace, where a shared interest for the performing arts brings together many people from a variety of backgrounds with unique skills. Facilitating individual growth with ongoing training and development, we know that people (you!) are important drivers of our success. As such, we strive to connect, inspire and support every staff member, which is why we have many long-standing employees of more than 10 years.
We have a number of opportunities available within our team for individuals with varying levels of experience in performing arts and teaching, including senior singing teachers or those individuals with a music education background, junior singing teachers with no experience and venue managers who ideally have experience in customer service and an avid interest in the performing arts.
Successful teaching applicants will have:
- A passion for girls’ education and champion the value of Performing Arts participation
- Experience or interest in music, performing arts and education
- Commitment to teaching weekly classes during school terms as well as occasional weekend work for events
- A valid Working with Children’s Check and, preferably, a driver’s licence
- A qualification in music and/or teaching or working towards a qualification in either field (desired)
- Experience with the Kodaly method of teaching (desired)
We are specifically looking for individuals with:
- Experience teaching groups of children between the ages of 5 and 11, available to work on Saturday mornings
- Experience teaching groups of children between the ages of 11 and 16, available to work weeknights
- Those individuals who are living in, or willing to travel to Caringbah
Successful venue manager applicants will have:
- An interest in the arts and/or passion for girls’ education
- Experience in customer service roles such as hospitality, retail or administration (desired)
Excellent presentation, well-developed communication and interpersonal skills are essential for all roles, along with a passion for the performing arts and an interest and love of engaging children.
As classes are extra-curricular many of our casual staff members study or hold full-time positions outside the AGC. Many of our tutors find that working with the AGC provides them with an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of teaching professionals; complements their performance practice and contributes to their sense of personal achievement.
ASPA embodies passion, enthusiasm, dedication and energy. We work hard but have a lot of fun too!
If you have a passion for teaching and performing arts, and can’t wait to bring your enthusiasm, energy and flair to our team, pleasesend your cover letter and resume to our HR Coordinator, Sionainn Hayes, at [email protected]
Application close Friday October 18.
- Contact Name: Sionainn Hayes
- Contact Email: [email protected]