Music Lead - Sydney
Posted 25 Jul 2019
Closes 24 Aug 2019
We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) company launching around the world. As of right now, we are live in London, LA, New York, Chicago and Paris; and pretty soon we’ll be in Sydney.
DICE is obsessed with design and technology; we’re building the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The best of the industry work closely with us to make sure tickets go to fans, not scalpers. Together, we’re all on a mission to get people out more.
We’re looking for the right person to join our mission and help bring DICE to live music fans in Sydney. The right candidate will live and breathe the local scene; have an established network of contacts from years of experience in live music and a deep understanding of the Sydney landscape. They will be an authority on what’s on and where, and are always out.
The Sydney Music Lead will be trusted to identify the best artists, venues, agencies and promoters for DICE to partner with, and be the driving force in delivering those partnerships. To do this you will need to be a sharp negotiator and an engaging storyteller – you know how to deliver a message whether you’re in a room with 2 mates or 20 strangers.
You’ll also have lots of ideas to make DICE even better for artists, and together we have the passion, resources and talent to make them happen – we think you’ll love it here.
- Identify, sign and manage partnerships with venues and promoters
- Develop relationships with established artists
- Work with managers, agents & labels on artist campaigns
- Strong experience in the music industry. You have a powerful network and will already know the first 20 people you’re going to meet.
- You’re ready to un-learn. We’re re-thinking how the live music industry works and that inspires you.
- Can adapt quickly to change. We’re careful when making decisions but they’re made quickly and implemented quicker. If you’ve always worked in the music industry, the way we work is probably going to be very different from what you’re used to, and that’s exciting.
- Passionate about building exceptional and long-lasting partner relationships (artist, manager, agent, promoter etc).
- Extensive experience acquiring new business – winning deals is something that gets you up in the morning.
- A strong communicator who enjoys presenting, and doesn’t get intimidated by a room full of strangers. You have experience in public speaking and negotiation.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced, new team with smart, passionate, interesting people who have amazing ideas that often become reality. We’re on a mission and you’ll be an integral part of the team to make a BIG impact. We’re well funded and have global ambitions – let’s be honest, you’ll love working here.
+ Free Breakfast
+ Dog-friendly co-working space in Central Sydney, with a basketball court, ping-pong table, meditation room and a weekly yoga class)
+ DICE gig credit
+ Team lunches and social events
+ Chance to come to our London HQ and meet the rest of our 90+ employees!