Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 15 Sep 2020
Closes 15 Oct 2020
Position Details – Mid-Weight Designer
Squad Ink is a creative studio shaping successful forward-thinking food and beverage, venue and wellness brands in Australia. We work alongside entrepreneurs and independently owned businesses to create sought after products, venues and branded content.
This is an opportunity for a Mid-Weight Designer to make a considerable mark on Squad Ink. The role is primarily focused in brand and packaging design for start-up to large businesses in the premium lifestyle sector.
You will be responsible for delivering exceptional and progressive creative solutions alongside the design team being led by Creative Director Matthew Squadrito. Close collaboration with the creative team is also essential for this role.
- Creative consultation support to Creative Director and Senior Designer
- Supporting Senior Designer and creative team on brand identity and packaging projects. Tasks include:
- Ideation, concept development and refinement
- Design roll out and finished art as required
- Pre-press and design specification documents to packaging production suppliers
- Developing brand guidelines, templates and style guides
- Interpreting existing brand styles into new designs and concepts
- Resolve design challenges alongside team
- Assist in content creation for Squad Ink marketing and brand assets
- General studio admin and office duties (this is a shared responsibility across the team)
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years working as a designer in a design studio/agency with expertise in brand identity and packaging design
- Advanced knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Provide design input and direction in a comprehensive and constructive manner
- Knowledge of packaging production practices and labelling standards is a requirement
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with design team and third-party suppliers
- 100% commitment to the further development of Squad Ink
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL and ACCOUNTABLE
- Ability to work to deadlines is critical
- Efficient and professional with every task undertaken
- Enthusiasm with a drive to go above and beyond to deliver exceptional work
- Shows initiative and accepts responsibility
- Passionate and curious mind to question everything. Commitment to challenging the norm.
- Only applicants who apply directly through the Squad Ink Jobs email will be considered.
- Contact Name: Terry Squadrito
- Contact Email: email@example.com