Mid Level Full Stack Developer
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 17 Oct 2019
Closes 16 Nov 2019
MID-LEVEL FULL STACK DEVELOPER (PHP / Laravel)
Huge opportunity for a mid-level full-stack developer to work on a leading Australian project management platform that has a global customer base. Our software allows Users to access a solution rich in features; such as document management, asset library, invoicing, timesheets, workflow automation to reporting and analytics.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation that truly cares about its people and their personal development. If you want to work with collaborative people on an amazing product keep reading!
You will be joining a very well-funded and internationally backed Start-up based in Melbourne’s CBD, working with a talented team who have a broad wealth of knowledge and experience in building within large scale, complex software systems.
You will be collaborating with the team in building out the platform as well as the core system and integrated components. You will have the chance to work on a wide range of features that will keep the role both exciting and rewarding. In addition, we are looking for you to add your experience and capability into the team to add depth in building out best practice within a culture of continuous improvement. With our relaxed and people focused working environment you will also have a say in the technical direction of new projects moving forward.
The Mid-Level Full Stack Developer will actively contribute ideas to enhance performance, stability and scalability, as well as influence the direction of future business and influence the implementation of new technologies. Having an analytical mind, you will be able to put yourself in the User’s shoes and think critically about what you are building.
We Believe in
- Being curious, driven, friendly, and collaborative
- An ego-less approach to development and a blameless approach to problem solving
- Working independently, but with a team first approach
- Supporting each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, pair programming and learning
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- Has expert knowledge PHP (5+ years) and recent Laravel (min 2 years), been inside Laravel trenches (your specialty)
- Extensive experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases especially around MySQL migrations and optimizations
- Experience in development and integration API’s: XML, JSON, SOAP
- Hands on experience writing PHP Unit, Functional, Integrations and Acceptance tests
- Experience developing highly scalable code
- Experience in website optimization and caching tools (software and hardware)
- Has experience with Solr, Redis or ElasticSearch
- Experience in working with large applications (decoupling monoliths)
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns and how to apply them
- Experience with AWS can setup autoscaling architectures
- Hands on experience in CI/CD and & Agile environment
- Experience within a DevOps & Agile environment
- Excellent understanding of best practices around security of web applications and various workflow/branching strategy approaches
- Has experience with front-end development and testing (one or more of ReactJS/Redux, VueJS, BEM, LESS)
- To be an excellent communicator
- To be a problem solver and a technologist at heart, bringing a creative, analytical, adaptable, logical and thorough approach
- Exposure to front-end development and testing (one or more of ReactJS/Redux, VueJS, BEM, LESS)
- Exposure to Software as a Service (SaaS) type of applications
- Exposure to application containerisation and microservices
What’s in it for you
- Flexible working environment
- Working with the latest tech
- Fantastic work culture
- Global user base
- Competitive Salary and Day-off on your birthday + others!
If you would like to join a team of passionate and motivated people in continuing to build out and scale an innovative application to the next level then this could be the perfect fit.
At Havas, one of our core beliefs is to Never Be Normal. We believe that people are our most vital asset because they are different. Different to one another and different to the norm. Diverse perspectives fuel our curiosity and fresh thinking. Open communication encourages contribution without hierarchy. Ongoing education for all creates growth at every level. We create an environment where all our people belong, and can thrive, adapt, learn and grow because we are in the business of making a meaningful difference to people; and that’s good business.
And so it follows that we encourage people from diverse backgrounds, identities, beliefs and abilities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, to apply for this, or any role with us. We look forward to meeting you.
Sound like the right opportunity for you?
Then email through your CV to: [email protected] and a Cover Letter with FIVE reasons why you believe you are the right person for us.
- Contact Name: Dexter Salamat
- Contact Email: [email protected]