Posted 6 Feb 2020
Closes 27 Feb 2020
POSITION DESCRIPTION: MARKETING LEAD
Position: Marketing Lead
Reports to: Director, Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions
Employment Type: Full time ongoing
Salary: $70k – $80k
Ormond College is the largest residential College at the University of Melbourne and host to the Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship. Home to around 370 undergraduate and 50 graduate resident students and 140 non-resident students, Ormond College is committed to providing and outstanding residential and learning experience for members of the University of Melbourne through its core values of respect, community, learning, integrity, diversity and heritage. The Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship is a leading centre for entrepreneurial training. Established in 2015 in a purpose-built facility at Ormond College, Wade delivers high quality programs that seek to build Australia’s entrepreneurship capability. Programs include:
- the University of Melbourne’s Master of Entrepreneurship
- VC Catalyst, an intensive program for active investors to hone their skills and advance their toolkit to invest in startups
- UpSchool, a practical professional development program to give educators the skills, experience and confidence to teach entrepreneurship in schools to students, across all levels
- Start Up Sprint, a short intensive entrepreneurship boot camp.
Reporting to the Director Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions, the Marketing Lead is responsible for designing and delivering high impact marketing initiatives across two distinct but complementary entities – Ormond College and Wade Institute.
The Marketing Lead has a specific responsibility to ensure the success of the Wade Institute’s VC Catalyst Program, in line with the agreement with LaunchVic.
You will also play a role in planning, executing and measuring marketing and engagement programs from prospective students through to engaged alumni at Wade and Ormond. The Marketing Lead has responsibility for managing integrated campaigns, digital and social media presences and will contribute to content planning and creative development. You will manage insights and reporting activities to ensure initiatives are data driven and responsive to customer needs.
We work in a small, close-knit team in an open plan environment, with a strong focus on producing outcomes. You will display a customer service mindset, have fantastic attention to detail, be willing to take ownership of your work and to work collaboratively and collegiately within Wade Institute and Ormond College. We highly value diversity in our team who think, act and view the world differently. We are a values-based organisation who walk the talk and are committed to continuous learning.
- Develop and deliver marketing initiatives in support of the Wade Insitute’s VC Catalyst program.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive and proactive marketing, communication and branding strategies for the College and Wade Institute.
- Undertake market research and manage reporting frameworks to ensure targets are being met and that key messages are resonating with target audiences
- Contribute to the production of multimedia digital content, publications, social media, advertising, email and events which engage audiences in line with content and channels plans.
- Develop and manage integrated marketing campaigns and ‘always on’ programs to maximise demand and conversion from niche target audiences
- Represent the College and Wade Institute at recruitment and community engagement events.
- Manage relationship with agencies and external partners as required (including but not limited to digital, PR, print, videographers, designers and photographers)
- Work in collaboration with the Advancement team to generate innovative ideas and campaigns that engage alumni and donors
- Responsibility for digital asset management systems and processes for the College and Wade, including sourcing and maintaining our database of marketing assets
- Maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues and opportunities in higher education and industry that inform future communication and marketing strategies
- Support a collegial, team-building work environment and cultivate productive, collaborative relationships with all constituent groups
- Support financial management of the department within allocated budgets
- Manage and provide mentorship to a diverse team of student interns.
Key selection criteria
- A competent marketing all-rounder with experience in creative development and brand management
- Market research and analytical skills, and the ability to synthesise data and make recommendations to guide decision making
- Experience driving effective campaigns and programs that target niche markets
- Digital marketing experience and knowledge of digital advertising (social, paid search, display), organic social media, SEO, UX maintenance and optimisation
- Innovative with ability to translate insights into compelling creative concepts
- A collaborative, action-oriented and continuous learning mindset with great creative instincts
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to positively contribute and work within a small team or independently
- Self-motivated, conscientious, reliable and enthusiastic.
- Bachelors degree in marketing or communications or a related field, and
- 2+ years relevant work experience.
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter, addressing the key selection criteria, and resume
to Kim Howells, Director Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions.
To download the position description and apply, visit: our website at
Applications must be submitted by 27 February 2020.
- Contact Name: Kate Robertson
- Contact Email: email@example.com