Junior Sales Representative
Posted 28 Aug 2019
Closes 27 Sep 2019
Role – Junior Sales Representative
This is a fantastic full time opportunity to join a company with a strong brand name in its portfolio. Kickstart your career in sales. Present to agencies. Learn about selling native content on a social media platforms as well as selling print on one of the most Iconic brands in magazines, Readers Digest.
This junior position will suit someone with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with an interest in both print and digital media landscapes. The successful candidate will be highly organised with a strong attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure during deadlines, demonstrate strong initiative and resilience.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, talkative, fun, and a willingness to learn.
About the role
This permanent full-time Junior Business Development Manager role will work closely with The National Account Managers and Sales Director and will be responsible for exploring new business opportunities in both print and digital across the Direct Publishing Portfolio.
- Sourcing your own leads via the radio TV, print, the internet and social media
- Cold calling and setting up appointments for potential clients.
- Maintaining a high level of activity to ensure sales goals and KPI’s are met
- Presenting the benefits of the Direct Publishing Portfolio
- Daily tracking of your sales performance
- Attending training sessions.
- Accompanying the National Account Managers on appointments so they can mentor you.
To be considered for this role the ideal candidate will preferably be;
- Able to confidently deal with all levels of decision makers
- Someone who was an Advertising Co-ordinator who want the next step up – but not necessary
- A swift decision maker, able to deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing business
- An exceptional cold-caller
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Honors-level degree or equivalent an advantage BUT not necessary
- A clean driving licence and advantage but not necessary
- Proficient in English in all round professional level communication, especially in writing and speaking.
- Eligible working visa (Australian PR or Citizen preferred)
- Perks and the package
- Working in a modern, fun office in Surry Hills, short walk from Central, but uphill
- Being mentored by the current National Sales Managers
- Base salary of $55,000 plus super plus generous bonus. OTE $75,000 (realistic and minimum), there is the ability to earn more.
- Working for a large private company, Direct Publishing, that owns Readers Digest, Handyman, Wyza and Over60
- Getting into the media landscape at ground level, meeting agencies and direct clients alike.
- Starting with another Junior Sales Rep so you can both support each other as you learn.
- Training on the job
- Joining a small but awesome fun team.
Sounds like this is the job for you, then please email your CV to [email protected] or call the Sales Director Sheron White on 02 9004 4407.
- Contact Name: Sheron White
- Contact Email: [email protected]