Junior Graphic Designer
Posted 12 Sep 2019
Closes 12 Oct 2019
We have the perfect opportunity for a Design Graduate looking to step into a fun studio environment, or a Junior Graphic Designer looking for a challenge! Reporting to the Studio Manager, you will be working on a range of graphic design and administrative work.
About Design Junkies
As our name suggests we are addicted to design! We are a small (but perfectly formed) design studio located in the heart of Collingwood. We work on all things design, so expect every day to be different. We go from branding, to web design, to all the things in between. We’re fun people who require a daily coffee fix, and would love you to join us if you think you’ll fit right in.
You’ll be doing things like:
– Liaising with our wonderful clients
– Graphic design using Adobe applications
– Answering phone calls
– Social media management
– Working in MailChimp, Trello and other online applications to manage workflow
To rock this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
– Based in Melbourne and available Monday to Friday
– Motivated to grow
– Absolute attention to detail
– Grammar junkie
– Organisation freak
– Able to use code word coffee in their introduction
– Exceptional communication skills, loves to talk to clients!
– Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications
– MAC compatible
– Skills in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
– Web Design skills is a plus
– Full work rights in Australia
What can we bring to the table:
– A fun work environment in a colourful office
– Yummy lunches right around the corner
– Studio background music
– No enforced early starts, avoid peak traffic & start at 9.30am
– No corporate suits, embrace your own style, whatever that may be
– 3 month freelance position with the opportunity to move to a full time position
How to apply:
Email [email protected] with your current CV, portfolio, and a brief introduction to you and why you think you will be a great fit!
Did you know research shows women don’t apply for roles unless they are 100% qualified for, but men will give it a shot if they are only 60% qualified? If you’re loving what you’re reading but don’t quite tick all the boxes – please still apply. Design skills can be taught, but the perfect combo of personality, work ethic and enthusiasm is what we’re really hunting for.
- Contact Name: Samantha Gibbs
- Contact Email: [email protected]