Junior Entertainment Booker
Posted 18 Feb 2021
Closes 5 Mar 2021
JUNIOR BOOKER ROLE
Colour Club is a two level live music venue and nightclub in Queensberry Street, Carlton, open since October 2019. Colour runs a varied mix of music programming, which includes bands, live electronic artists and DJs, often with accompanying visual or performance art. In 2020, Colour advocated heavily for government support of Victoria’s live music venues, ran some of the first COVID safe gigs and started a new independent record label. In 2021, we’re looking for a new junior entertainment booker. We’re just over a year into our journey, and see it as a great time to spread the booking responsibility and prioritise some managerial diversity. As such, we’re seeking a new member to join our booking team, and assist in cultivating more diverse booking practices that ultimately match that of our vast client base.
To be suitable for this position, you must have some experience in the music/arts. You are most likely to be a successful applicant if you have done some form of art based programming (bands, visual or performance art) in the recent past, though you will not be excluded if you have not. This can include— being responsible for your own band or someone else’s, running shows, working with community/local council groups or working in venues. We will be prioritising First Nations and BIPOC people for this role.
- Work in a team of two to program two levels of band/DJ entertainment from Wed-Sat, with some special events on other days (Sun-Tue, public holidays). This must be done 6-8 weeks in advance.
- Logistics associated to your bookings- creation of runsheets including set times, access, tech requirements, riders.
- Creating Eventbrite ticket links and Facebook events.
- Hosting artists on nights that you have booked shows.
- Ensuring that all events are well promoted and selling tickets.
- Securing tight deals where everyone wins.
- Bringing in private hires and functions that fit with the general vibe of the venue.
- Reaching out to find a diverse range of DJs, bands and promoters. Specific focus on those just starting out.
- Establish a creative, inclusive culture which supports people in the arts.
- Work with other venue staff and management to ensure best practice for the venue.
- Attend functions and events for professional development (bigsound, changes etc).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Some level of involvement in the Melbourne music community.
- Tech savvy/ digitally adept, with a personal computer.
- Able to work in a small team.
- Capable of building strong relationships with artists and promoters.
- Innovative in thinking about music spaces and how they might adapt over time.
- Some degree of marketing experience, with understanding of Facebook/Instagram.
- Competency in G Suite and know how to use either a mail client or gmail.
- Organised and able to work under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Have a passion for music and culture
- Diplomatic and with integrity
- Quick and forward thinking, adaptable
- Quality orientated
- Motivated, with the desire to work in the music community!
Apply via Pedestrian, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.