Posted 20 Jul 2021
Closes 20 Aug 2021
Pedestrian Group, Australia’s largest youth-focused publisher, is on the lookout for a Junior Accountant to join our finance team. The successful applicant will be good with numbers, have excellent attention to detail and possess a demonstrated ability to deliver accounts related tasks in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your role will be to support the delivery of financial reporting to Pedestrian Group, the wholly owned subsidiary of Nine Entertainment Co.
You will be joining Pedestrian Group during an exciting phase of growth, with the opportunity to work across some of Australia’s most loved brands including Pedestrian.TV, Lifehacker, VICE, Refinery29, Business Insider, Gizmodo & Kotaku.
The key duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Responding to client account inquires
- Following up on outstanding invoices
- Daily credit card reconciliations
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly job cost reporting and assist with reconciliations.
- Weekly revenue reconciliations
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess either TAFE or University qualifications in accounting.
- Be proficient in the use of Xero.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience (Media would be a bonus)
- Be able to take direction and work independently.
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Willing to learn and grow within the company.
If this sounds like the right role for you, and you are eligible to work in Australia, in return, we offer the chance to work with a talented team, in a dynamic working environment where you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and career with one of Australia’s fastest growing digital media companies.
We believe in fearlessness and unfiltered creativity in everything we do. It’s just one of the reasons brands come to us for the boldest ideas and media campaigns.
If you want to become part of a truly diverse, fast paced media publisher then please apply now.
Go on, dive in, and apply today.
Send all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centered publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and the soon-to-launch Refinery29 Australia, as well as the American Express Open Air Cinemas. It’s wholly owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.