Jameson Brand Ambassador
NSW - Byron Bay, Lismore & Far North Coast
Posted 16 Jul 2021
Closes 31 Aug 2021
The Pernod Ricard Way
We have our own way of doing things. We call it conviviality! It is our way of being unique, and something you feel and experience when working for Pernod Ricard.
We are committed to conviviality which means we will empower you to do something new, support you to succeed and acknowledge the value you bring.
All this is combined with a strong focus on sustainability and responsibility where our “Good times come from a Good place” and the only trace Pernod Ricard leave behind is conviviality.
Be Part of Something Bigger
From Belfast to Brisbane, Sligo to Sydney, and Athlone to Auckland, there are over 60 Jameson International Brand Ambassadors in over 40 markets across the globe. As a Jameson Brand Ambassador, on an initial 12-month contract, you’ll kick-start your career and hone your commercial instincts in the Australian & New Zealand markets. For many, it will be the first step in an exciting career within Pernod Ricard Winemakers (PRW).
Working for the world’s #1 Irish Whiskey brand is not an opportunity to be missed!
Your Unique Contribution
As a Jameson Brand Ambassador, you will join the local PRW marketing team, and will be based out of Brisbane, Sydney, or Auckland. There are new friends waiting to be discovered in the form of consumers, bartenders, partner agencies and a host of others to collaborate with to help spread the Jameson story.
Following your induction, you’ll work with your local PRW team who are focused on the Jameson brand, and off your own initiative, you’ll be on first name terms with bartenders, influencers, distributors, and event organisers.
There are five key areas to the role of a Jameson Brand Ambassador:
- Brand Education
- Brand Activation
- Building Relationships with trade, consumers, and key influencers
- PR/Event Support (Whiskey, Music, Art, Surf & Skate)
- Supporting local Jameson Brand Team & Sales Team
Each market has its own challenges, but you can expect the following to be on your ‘to do’ list:
- Convert consumers to the Jameson way of life through trial, market research and local media channels.
- Help plan, strategize, and initiate marketing opportunities to make Jameson a lifestyle choice for Australians/Kiwis
- Being a social media mogul, blogging and posting updates about your progress
- Immerse yourself in culture as the brand team’s ear to the ground in Music, Art, Surf, Skate & emerging scenes
- Conduct tasting sessions with targeted consumer groups & influence the big players in the market, from the main distributors to barmen & loyal brand advocates
- Support your local brand & commercial teams in all their market activations
- Research what the competitors are up to
- Supporting the brand team working across the broader Irish distiller’s portfolio
Your Perfect Blend of Talent
Our Brand Ambassadors are driven, creative and entrepreneurial, with a passion for content creation. They know when to be serious enough to get the job done, and when it’s time to enjoy the company of others. They can tell a story and listen intently in equal measure. They’re not afraid of exploring opportunities to build the Jameson brand. Most importantly, they’re excited to build a career working with the world’s #1 Irish Whiskey brand.
What’s Going to Help You Stand Out in The Crowd?
- You’re a creative thinker with a serious passion for sales and marketing
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can work off your own initiative
- You’re passionate for all things digital
- You’re immersed in youth culture and deeply curious about trends and emerging scenes
- You have an ability to connect with people from all walks of life and adept at building communities
- You embody the Jameson personality traits of wit, charm, and charisma
- You’re driven to succeed (with a full driving licence)
Pernod Ricard “MyBlend Of Benefits”
Product allowance: Tastings: Product Education: Office Drinks & Events: Flexi Work: Summer Hours
EAP: Skin Checks: Flu Shots: Carers allowance: Life Insurance
Feel Good Stuff
S&R initiatives: Career development: Volunteer leave: Responsible day/ the good challenge
Become A Creator of Conviviality
So, you’re ready to for a once in a lifetime opportunity in becoming a Jameson Brand Ambassador. You’re ready to work hard, move outside your comfort zone and give it your all—it all starts now with your application.
The application process includes a brief written application, and the submission of a supporting 2-minute video. Both elements provide you with the chance to show you have what it takes to represent Jameson, and to tell your story, your way.
Shortly after applying, you will receive a link to complete the application and submit the video.
Online Applications Close: Sunday 8 August 2021
Written application & video must be submitted by: Sunday 15 August 2021
So, what are you waiting for—now’s your chance! Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and no extension will be given for your written application & video submission, so please ensure you give yourself plenty of time to submit—early applications are encouraged!
Please note that this Application is for a Brand Ambassador role in either Brisbane, Sydney, or Auckland, and therefore working rights in Australia or New Zealand is mandatory. No sponsorship will be provided for these roles.
Better Balance at Pernod Ricard
We believe that building richly diverse teams and an inclusive culture is integral to delivering our business strategy. We are proud to be awarded “Employer of choice for Gender equality” by WGEA
We encourage women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Contact Name: Jade Hunter
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org