Head of Music Creation
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 25 Sep 2019
Closes 25 Oct 2019
Directing and managing a portfolio of programs across a number of genres and formats, leading a small team of Music Designers. The Program Director will conceptualise, guide and manage branded music experiences and programs for national corporate clients and consumer offerings.
- The supervision, creation and ongoing delivery of a portfolio of generic and custom music programs for a variety of brands and audiences.
- Be adept at participating and leading Client and Partner meetings in brand discovery and music workshops.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and the ability to articulate the process and product offerings to the marketplace.
- The ability to create and present Music Design concepts and demonstrate a solid understanding of brand marketing and pop culture trends.
- Ensure that Mood’s portfolio of programs capture the essence of a brand, experience design concept and consumer target.
- Collaborating across talent pools to drive towards successful brand campaigns, program launches and ongoing maintenance.
- Must keep abreast of music and industry trends, using that knowledge to make informed creative decisions. The ability to effectively articulate the design process is essential
- Managing the digitising of new music releases into Mood’s databases.
- Managing the downloading of digital content from various music labels and ensuring Mood’s music library is catalogued to maintain accurate records of musical assets.
Required Skills and Attributes:-
- A recognised leader with exceptional programming skills along with a track record of successfully supporting key brand accounts.
- While ultimately demonstrating significant creativity in the job, must also demonstrate discipline and a strong operational acumen, as the role will regularly lead interactions with a variety of brands across multiple industries.
- Demonstrate a multi-dimensional relationship with Music, either as a musician, a DJ, a producer or promoter.
- Strong operational acumen and an ability to coach others through the operational aspects of music products.
- Strong independent research skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to coach fellow team members through the music design and discovery phase.
- Ability and flexibility to meet or exceed some very demanding deadlines.
- Ability to interact decisively and diplomatically.
- Good attention to detail and excellent time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously.
- General knowledge of business software including but not limited to Windows operating systems, productivity tools and utilities.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot independently.
Key Reports and Relationships
- Reports to the Managing Director with a dotted line report into our Global Creative Director based in the US.
- Key relationships with Music Programmers and Sales Executives.
- Whilst part of a global business we are a small team who thrive in offering our customers an outstanding experience in a culture that promotes collaboration and creativity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience.
- An expert in multiple genres of music, with a broad competency across multiple genres.
- Have a creatively focused background, having worked within media or a creative agency. (radio, television, new media, advertising, design).
- Presenting ideas, concepts and solutions at C level.