Head of Music - Australia
Posted 25 Jul 2019
Closes 24 Aug 2019
We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) company launching around the world. As of right now, we are live in London, LA, New York, Chicago and Paris; and pretty soon we’ll be in Sydney.
DICE is obsessed with design and technology; we’re building the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The best of the industry work closely with us to make sure tickets go to fans, not scalpers. Together, we’re all on a mission to get people out more.
We’re looking for the right person to join our mission and help bring DICE to live music fans in Australia. The right candidate will have an extensive network of long standing relationships with venue owners, promoters, artists, managers and agents, built & developed throughout their career in live music.
Armed with a deep understanding of the national landscape, it will be up to you to define & deliver the strategic vision for DICE in Australia.
You will be responsible for identifying the right venues, promoters and artists for DICE to partner with on a national scale, while also supporting the regional Music Leads in delivering the partnerships they’ve identified in their cities.
You’ll have lots of ideas to make DICE even better, and together we have the passion, resources and talent to make them happen – we think you’ll love it here.
- Strong leadership qualities. You’ve inspired a dynamic team before.
- Strong experience in the music industry. You have a powerful network and will already know the first 20 people you’re going to meet.
- Skilled negotiator with experience navigating complex relationships.
- You’re ready to un-learn. We’re re-thinking how the live music industry works and that inspires you.
- Can adapt quickly to change. We’re careful when making decisions but they’re made quickly and implemented quicker. If you’ve always worked in the music industry, the way we work is probably going to be very different from what you’re used to, and that’s exciting.
- Passionate about building exceptional and long-lasting partner relationships (artist, manager, agent, promoter etc).
- You will lead the team acquiring new business, so winning deals is something that gets you up in the morning.
- A strong communicator who enjoys presenting, and doesn’t get intimidated by a room full of strangers. You have experience in public speaking and negotiation.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced, new team with smart, passionate, interesting people who have amazing ideas that often become reality. We’re on a mission and you’ll be an integral part of the team to make a BIG impact. We’re well funded and have global ambitions – let’s be honest, you’ll love working here.
+ Free Breakfast
+ Co-working space in Central Sydney
+ Chance to come to our London office and meet the rest of our 90+ employees!