Head of Editorial (12-Month Maternity Leave Cover)
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 12 Sep 2019
Closes 12 Oct 2019
PEDESTRIAN.TV – that’s right, it’s us! – is looking for a Head of Editorial to lead our talented editorial team on a 12-month maternity leave contract based out of Pedestrian Group’s HQ in Surry Hills, Sydney.
This rare opportunity to be at the helm of our award-winning website – part of Australia’s largest youth-focused publisher, Pedestrian Group – calls for someone with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role, with a proven track record of managing a mid to large-sized team.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional news sense across a wide range of topic areas – from politics to pop culture – a deep understanding of audience acquisition and a hunger to break stories, ideas and rules in a fast-paced media environment.
The Head of Editorial’s duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Managing deadlines, workflow and training of the team of writers across P.TV’s Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices
- Directing overall brand and audience growth strategy for P.TV’s owned channels in partnership with the Publisher
- Monitoring site traffic and results, and work on an evolving strategy to ensure strong results are achieved regularly across all of Pedestrian’s channels including written content and video
- Growing subscribers and engagement across our social media channels and email databases
- Working closely with the other core teams of the business, including Partnerships, Native and Creative Projects, to drive commercial success
- Working closely with writers to hone their news sense and writing skills, including after-hours
- Representing P.TV at external events as required
If this sounds like you, send us your CV and a spicy cover letter today.