Head of Consumer Content
Posted 11 Feb 2020
Closes 12 Mar 2020
Easy Weddings is the #1 website in Australia for couples to plan their weddings. Over 90% of Australian couples getting married interact with Easy Weddings. The business is currently undergoing a significant restructure and is focusing on more engaging content, better delivery and insights to couples and many more world-first initiatives we can share with you after you join 😉
We are looking for somebody who loves weddings and loves the latest fashion and style trends to help produce world-class content with unique insights. You will get to know venues and be the voice and face of all things wedding related across our network of websites.
Unique Benefits to working at Easy Weddings:
- Flexible working hours
- Free Company lunch every Monday
- “Easy day” to take off as you please (subject to some conditions!)
- Flexible working location with a range of travel as part of your role – to be discussed with the right candidate.
- An amazing company culture with a play hard work hard attitude
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Creating engaging long- and short-form content across all channels
- Work with internal and external teams to deliver the most insightful, highest converting and most relevant content for all different use cases.
- Manage a team of external freelancers producing content across blog, email, social and numerous other channels.
- Collaborating with wider marketing team to align content pillars, campaigns, and all customer-facing communications
- Ensuring the reach and impact of content is amplified through SEO and digital marketing best practice.
- Driving video content direction and production for new venues, internal projects and more
- Building unique and insightful business profiles and the ability to know what couples want out of a business
- Supporting the team with other marketing-focused projects
- Comfortable fronting video walk-throughs of venues to provide unique insights to our audience
- Ability to work autonomously and dive deep into a topic, while also being able to coordinate others to get the job done.
- The role is 70% writing, 30% video content.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Previous content generation and editorial experience
- Previous experience developing consumer-focused content – Fashion experience would be ideal.
- System skills across SEO, WordPress, Keyword Tools (Sem Rush or similar or keen to learn)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An agile and proactive work ethic, and the willingness to help out
- A love for the wedding industry and/or fashion and trends
- Self-starter with the ability to schedule their day and week around visiting customers, writing content and more.