Front End Developer
Posted 29 Apr 2021
Closes 29 May 2021
Hi! We’re Go-To and we’ve been looking for you. A little bit about us – we like hopping along the asphalt and advocating for lemonade fountains in the office. We love skin care and think we’re pretty good at making it. Our specialty is making uncomplicated skin care that your skin is gonna love. And we really like connecting with our friends on the internet.
The Front End Developer is a key role in the marketing team at Go-To, Bro-To and Gro-To. You will develop, implement and maintain Go-To’s websites and Shopify stores and be the in-house technical Shopify expert to deliver a best-in-class ecommerce experience for our customers. You will be obsessed with delivering high-quality, well-tested code and be a determined problem solver. You will at least twice a year add confetti to the homepage.
Support and maintenance of the gotoskincare.com website/ Shopify stores. Providing quality checks and ensuring all system bugs are identified and fixed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Work with the marketing team to implement new designs from initial concept, site architecture, layout and user interface through to finished deliverable.
- Creatively solve development problems and translate technical requirements and mockups into site features/improvements.
- Work with Shopify scripts to create custom checkout experiences as outlined by the marketing team
- Shopify theme customisation
- Own the site performance and speed – constantly updating and making suggestions to improve website performance and loading speeds.
- Continually evaluate the online customer experience, looking for opportunities to improve each stage of the online process and conversion rate (UX)
- Clearly communicate technical solutions to team members both verbally and in written documentation
- .git and BitBucket source control
- Writing interfaces to integrate with 3rd party APIs
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques, new Shopify features and best practices. Become the resident Shopify expert.
- Managing development tasks through Asana
- Liaising with external developers when required on outsourced projects
- QA/QC and end to end testing of all new features and developments
- Detailed documentation of all new features implemented
- Recognised training qualifications in the relevant coding languages, applications, and frameworks required for this role.
- 3+ years of professional experience in building websites within the Shopify Plus platform. You know Shopify inside out and can hit the ground running.
- Knowledge of eCommerce best practices to enable enjoyable customer experiences
- A strong understanding of Source Control and Task Management systems
- A strong understanding of UX design and the ability to work with in-house designers directly
- Extensive knowledge of the Shopify API and shopify’s templating language liquid
- Proven track record working with Shopify scripts to create custom promotions and checkout experiences.
- Strong QA/QC and debugging skills to ensure a high-quality end product
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) coding practices
- A solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Experience working with Shogun page builder creating custom snippets highly regarded
- A portfolio to demonstrate experience working with shopify and in HTML, SCSS and JS;
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- A positive and resilient approach, willingness to expand skillset on an ongoing basis, with the ability to pivot as corporate priorities change.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and deliver projects from concept to completion
The Important Bits
This role is fulltime and based in Sydney. (Flexible WFH policy, obviously. It’s 2021.)
Salary is TBC depending on experience.
At Go-To we make things fun that have no right to be. We are small and we are growing. We value creativity, cleverness, collaboration, culture and alliteration. We enjoy fun parties, full biscuit tins, flexibility and a healthy work-life balance. We also don’t mind the colour peach in moderation. We don’t regard race, religion, colour, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status or choice in reality television when recruiting.
Does this sound like you?
That’s what Steve Jobs said!
Please send your ONE PAGE CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Front End Developer
Please also include a portfolio of your work.
- Contact Name: Emmaline Bray
- Contact Email: email@example.com