Front Of House Manager
Sydney - North-shore & Northern Beaches
Posted 23 Oct 2019
Closes 22 Nov 2019
Swap your morning commute for a morning surf and relocate to the Northern Beaches to live and work in Palm Beach NSW!
This role is for an exciting new restaurant space that opened in September 2019. We are looking for someone who can lead the FOH team and drive a daytime restaurant with a focus on the simple things done well, refined casual dining breakfast and lunch. Our aim is to provide a boutique hotel experience (without accommodation) and there will be an emphasis on capturing that holiday feeling with excellent service and seaside dining. This will be a hands on role.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a fine dining/hatted restaurant management role
- Full time availability
- Excellent food and wine knowledge
- Passion and experience in training and mentoring front of house staff
- Outstanding team leadership skills
- An unparalleled eye for detail and the ability to uphold and elevate standards
- The initiative and drive to deliver the highest standard of customer service, week in and week out
- Positive, motivated, systems-driven personality
- Exceptional communication skills when dealing with staff, customers and suppliers
- Strong floor presence and a true passion for hospitality
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of front of house. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally in your role as well as provide training for the team.
- Mentoring and training of FOH staff
- Managing the weekly FOH roster
- Managing reservations
- Managing cost of goods and labour
- Delivering quality and consistency in our exceptional service standards
- Recruitment, on-boarding and training of new staff
- Ongoing staff training and development of service and product knowledge
- Ensuring staff deliver the highest standard of guest experience
- Creating a dedicated team culture and a supportive, fun working environment
- Feedback and issues handling
- Directly report to the owners and attend weekly management meetings
This is a full time role and requires a strong commitment to understanding the business structure and brand culture. We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about hospitality and is a natural leader.
Only applicants with legal working rights need apply.