Lifehacker Australia Editor
Posted 11 Feb 2020
Closes 12 Mar 2020
Pedestrian Group is on the hunt for the editor of Lifehacker Australia.
Lifehacker is a site that informs and inspires our audience with how-to guides, life hacks and explainers on important issues and trends.
With a broad remit across lifestyle, news, technology, entertainment and culture, this position requires a hands-on generalist who has their finger on the pulse of the world around them.
The successful candidate will help redefine the local strategy of Lifehacker, set the editorial agenda for the site, edit stories from two local journalists and write multiple posts a day.
A deep understanding of SEO is required, while a knowledge of affiliate content is highly regarded.
What you’ll do:
- Write, assign and edit multiple stories a day
- Understand and use SEO best practices
- Stay across topics trending on Google and social to craft the daily editorial agenda based on this data
- Distribute local and US stories via social media
- Take advantage of the hundreds of stories each month that come from Lifehacker US
- Be a brand ambassador online and offline for the Lifehacker brand
Strategy and audience growth:
- Work with editorial leadership to execute on a redefined strategy for the Lifehacker brand
- Understand the levers you need to pull to grow an engaged audience in Australia in the 18-35 yo demo
- Help build a distributed audience across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google
- Suggest changes to editorial strategy in accordance with data from a constantly-evolving audience and SEO algorithm developments
- Provide editorial leadership with monthly reporting across site and social networks to track what is and isn’t working
- Responsible for hitting ambitious KPIs
Things you should have:
- A love of informative content and staying on top of the latest trend
- A strong writer and copy editor who has a passion for telling stories in interesting ways
- At least 2 years’ experience as a senior writer or editor
- Expert-level knowledge of SEO best practices in regards to content creation
- Experience working to tight deadlines and the ability to write quickly and accurately
- A deep understanding of social media platforms and how they can drive audience growth
- The flexibility to work after hours when necessary
The role is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Editorial and is based in Sydney at Pedestrian Group’s Surry Hills HQ.
We’d love you to apply to join our fast-paced, creative editorial team.