Design Room / Studio Assistant
Posted 19 Nov 2020
Closes 19 Dec 2020
We are currently seeking applications for Design Room / Studio Assistant to support our Design and Production Department. This is an exciting career opportunity for a motivated and ambitious graduate to join our growing team, located in our Sydney studio (in Rosebery).
The successful candidate will have recently completed studies in Fashion Design or a similar tertiary degree incorporating aspects of fashion design and production processes. Previous industry experience (such as internships or placements) is not essential but will be viewed favourably.
Excellent communication skills are a key requirement and the applicant must have a driver’s license and vehicle. Strong organisational skills are a must as well as competence in all Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist and support the Design team across all categories
- Trends and research reporting and forecasting
- Assist and support the team in executing product through the design phase, sampling and development cycle through to production
- Assist with technical CAD sketches and print colour ups
- Set up and maintain all overviews/line sheets as required including range plan overview, category overview and factory overview
- Set up and maintain range collection boards
- Maintenance of design team WIP notes for team communication
- Ensure season trackers are up to date with all information
- Assist in fabric and trim sourcing, development and purchasing
- Input data into relevant trackers and filing of all information, data input into ERP system, set up of materials and products in ERP system
- Liaison with local manufacturers including deliveries and pick ups
- Assist with preparation of cut sheets and tech packs throughout the sampling and production stages
- Set up fittings with fit model, pattern makers and assist in communicating fit notes and photos
- Assist in trafficking of samples for press requirements – send outs and returns, sample maintenance and storage
- General admin and other ad hoc duties and errands
A more detailed job description will provided for those candidates selected for interview.
Key attributes / requirements:
- Extremely organised and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of patternmaking and strong garment construction knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain strong relationships with suppliers and makers
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate issues and threats
- Good knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
- A reliable car with valid driver’s licence