Posted 30 Oct 2020
Closes 29 Nov 2020
About the business
Vida Glow is growing at a remarkable rate. Our ever growing team of passionate specialists are working to capitalise on that momentum, fortifying our position as a leader in ingestible beauty and giving us a platform to extend our reach in terms of our markets, our audiences and the products we offer.
We are driving the business forward with a distinctly unique position that sets Vida Glow apart from a highly competitive market drowning in a sea of sameness.
We have the opportunity to create the foundation of a truly world class global brand that inspires and creates positive impact on our customers’ lives and that inspires us all.
We will shortly take up a whole floor interior architect designed Head Quarters in North Sydney to house our growing team.
About the role
Vida Glow is on the hunt for a creative and strategic content expert with experience leading content strategy, planning and execution across multiple platforms.
As our Content Editor, you will be pro-active and pioneering, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love experimenting with new ideas. You are known for your creativity, engaging content, emerging social trends and leveraging pop culture. You will be the voice of the brand, ensuring consistency across all communications. You will have mixed experience across editorial & brand copy, photoshoot & video production and social media management.
As a storyteller, you constantly think of new ways to engage communities and can create strategic content and campaigns to engage audiences. Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this role will manage the Copywriter, Digital Content Creator and Social Media Exec and work closely with the wider Creative and Marketing teams.
- Ideate, plan and execute content concepts, working close with the marketing team to bring together our objectives, key focus periods and content pillars.
- Ensure content and campaigns are on tone, on-brand and effective in achieving the broader brand objectives.
- Responsible for overall Content Strategy and calendar including content pillars to guide the content strategy across all paid and owned communication.
- Lead the content team bringing great ideas to life in fresh ways, across multiple channels including; brand development, advertising and marketing campaigns, digital platforms, website & social executions and paid partnerships.
- Lead the development of an ongoing content calendar to ensure a constant supply of relevant content across our channels, with a key focus on video.
- Work with the Ecommerce Manager and Social Media Exec to understand performance of digital content.
- Monitor the performance of competitor content/activity, industry trends, and provide actionable insights and best practices.
- Seek out and recommend further opportunities by researching the latest trends so we can stay at the forefront with social media, website, e-marketing and all comms.
- Project manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Content intelligence: understanding what content works with different audience.
- Writing, proof-reading and editing of content – acute attention to detail.
- Respond to briefs through a content marketing lens.
- Willingness to work on a range of projects from ATL advertising through to everyday digital marketing content.
Skills & experience required
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications or similar with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a content related role.
- A huge passion for beauty and wellness and a creative and strategic thinker with proven experience writing and creating content for this category.
- Collaborative leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with strong editorial and proofreading skills.
- Strong digital background with a solid understanding of SEO.
- Extremely organised with the ability to create content calendars, roadmaps, drive projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong editorial skills – identifying strong content that will perform well on digital/social platforms.
- An understanding of target audiences & digital amplification strategies to achieve maximum audience awareness and engagement for every campaign and promotion.
- A love for video content, backed by a portfolio of content that inspires, educates and entertains.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role content plays in the wider marketing mix.
- Experience of owning, producing and growing social media channels.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities – whilst delivering quality and timely content at speed.
- Confident and agile in deploying digital campaigns and adopting quick tactics.
- Solution-focused, and can work in an ever-changing retail environment.
- Flexible, practical, strategic, tenacious, and most importantly take accountability of deliverables and content outcomes.
To apply please send the following –
- Up to date CV
- A Cover Letter outlining your experience and the reasons you want to join Vida Glow
- A PDF portfolio or link to an online portfolio showcasing your style and relevant work