Communications Manager - Fashion/Beauty PR
Posted 10 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
AgencyB&Co is a leading collective of communications experts based in inner-city, Darlinghust, Sydney, offering a sought-after fusion of brand consulting, media relations, social strategy, influencer engagement and events.
As we emerge from the constraints of COVID-19 we are seeking an experienced, connected and passionate Communications Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven record in driving brand strategy and client management on leading local & international fashion accounts. The role requires a high level of autonomy and expertise in daily account management, as well the ability to develop supporting staff and PITCH! A strategic and organized but creative mind set is essential. Excellent fashion, lifestyle & beauty media contacts and influencer relationships are key to the role, combined with an insider knowledge of the fashion industry – including how to manage creative collection showings, drive showroom engagement, and know who is who with editors, stylists, influencers and creatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Determine a client’s PR requirements and identify creative ideas and opportunities for brand development.
- Drive and manage traditional, digital, social and influencer programs.
- Deliver and maintain excellent working relations with all media platforms.
- Understand national & international client and media facing, results and implementation.
- Develop recommendations / proposals for clients to further expand on brand activities and campaigns.
- Provide clients with strategic advice, insider knowledge, industry updates and competitor developments.
- Drive and executing PR and influencer strategies to support products launches, new season campaigns, events, and partner initiatives.
- Lead the fusion of editorial placement and social storytelling as account lead.
- Provide and constantly update relationships with influencer and talent agencies and the wider industry to grow brand engagement and identify opportunities for account/agency partnerships.
- Build media attention towards brands to maximise product placement.
- Identify opportunities for strategic product placement with key national publications.
- Implement dynamic and highly detailed events, showings, activations and sendouts
- Always set and meet client KPIs, inclusive of completing client reports and analysis.
- Manage day-to-day client liaison.
- Conduct weekly / bi-weekly client work in progress (WIP) meetings
- Complete client reporting (weekly, monthly)
- End of project reports
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work autonomously and hit the ground running in a dynamic role.
- Client management experience being the direct report with accountability.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in the media, digital and social media landscape
- Strong experience in digital and social strategy and implementation, as well as an interest in digital and emerging technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast, dynamic and ability to multi-task
- Experience orchestrating events, showings and activations with an eye for detail
- Know the “power of the pitch”.
- Ability to develop and implement media matrix’s with direction from MD.
- Natural networker inc. well-established relationships with national media, influencers and the industry at large
- Excellent written, verbal communication and relationship building skills.
- Comprehensive IT & presentation skills in PowerPoint, Canva, Excel and Google Docs.
- Three to five years’ experience in fashion, lifestyle or beauty communications agency