Chief Marketing Officer
Posted 30 Sep 2021
Closes 30 Oct 2021
Who is Merry People?
At Merry People we have been changing how people perceive the traditional gumboot since 2014. We believe that through comfort, design and sustainability our products encourage a lifestyle that embraces getting outside, enjoying the messy parts of life and finding happiness in the everyday.
We are a fun, hard-working and dynamic team with BIG ambitions! We are experiencing 3x year-on-year growth and in 2020 were awarded #12 in the top 50 Australian eCommerce businesses by Inside Retail (and given the “One to Watch” award).
We recently expanded into the US market and will launch in the UK & EU by early 2022. We want someone to join our team who wants to grow with us! At the heart of our future ambitions remain our core values including:
- AUTHENTICITY: We aim to be transparent in what we communicate and always look for opportunities where we can improve. We always try to do what feels right as a brand and in line with our values.
- KINDNESS: To us, kindness is treating everyone with understanding and respect, from our suppliers to our customers and everyone in between.
- ADVENTURE : We embrace trying new things, stepping outside of our comfort zones and finding different pathways.
- HAPPINESS: To make people feel merry, playful, carefree and positive when they connect with our brand.
What does the role involve?
This is an exciting role to join a fast growing start-up and play a critical role in our global growth.
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, we are looking for an experienced marketing professional to enhance, execute and deliver the marketing strategy to support our growth and vision at Merry People. You will manage an enthusiastic marketing team and work alongside the leadership team to achieve Merry People’s GLOBAL growth ambitions!
We are looking for a self-driven, ambitious, creative critical thinker with a strong background in digital marketing who fits within a passionate team and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The role will include:
Strategy & Leadership
- Bring strong analytical, “big picture” thinking and leadership skills to enhance, lead and deliver the Australian and global marketing strategies aimed at increasing brand awareness, customer acquisition, customer merriness and lifetime value for the customer.
- Enhance our wider company strategy to support growth objectives working alongside the Operations, Customer, Product and Finance teams.
- Establish and continue to build Merry People’s brand and strong customer engagement within Australian and global markets.
- Be the voice of our customer and identify opportunities for growth based on consumer insights, using qualitative and quantitative research.
- Work closely with Operations & Finance teams to develop and manage budgets for marketing and product expenses that will meet our revenue goals.
- Lead and support the growth of our Marketing team.
- Enhance and drive the customer-centric digital marketing strategy including managing the in-house digital marketing team and third-party agencies.
- Develop creative and innovative campaigns to achieve overall digital marketing objectives across multiple channels including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram and EDMs.
- Review campaigns, product analytics and customer data to inform strategies and optimise marketing activity.
- Define, measure and grow marketing metrics including audience growth, customer acquisition, conversion rate and return on advertisement spend.
- Create, test, and scale digital marketing campaigns to drive global revenue and brand awareness.
- Articulate our digital strategy to team members, ensuring that communication is clear and concise.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who resonates with our values, who believes in our product offering and vision and wants to work with a fast-growing start-up!
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Proven experience as Chief Marketing Officer, Head of Marketing, Head of Digital Marketing or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (incl. branding, customer experience, digital marketing and product development).
- Experience managing a digital marketing team and a strong understanding within SEO, social media, shopping platforms, EDMs and digital marketplaces.
- High level knowledge of how Google and Facebook platforms operate
- Ability to draw insights from both qualitative and quantitative research, make recommendations and implement changes to maximise sales, conversion rate, average order value, engagement and lead generation.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital and non-digital channels
- Experienced in leveraging market, consumer and customer insights to build a successful marketing strategy.
- Thrives on collaboration and working across multiple functions.
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent creative, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a retail, consumer goods product.
- Experience in a fast growth or start-up company with an eCommerce presence and have helped grow market share in a similar role.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of excellence, achievement and drive.
- Minimum 7-10 years in marketing (with multiple years in digital marketing) and 3+ years in leading or managing a digital marketing team.
- Tertiary degree at the bachelor level in business, marketing, communications or relevant field.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Opportunity to work in a fast growing/international business
- Location flexibility – we want the best global candidates!
- Fun working environment and team (we hope you like your music!)
- Team getaways and various team social events
- FREE gumboots!
Reporting to: Founder & CEO, Danielle Holloway
Salary: Negotiable, please submit salary range in application
Application requirements: Please submit Cover Letter and CV
Applications Close: Friday 5 November, 2021
Start Date: Early December, 2021 (noting some flexibility on start date)
Location: Offering flexibility for all GLOBAL candidates. Team located in Collingwood, Victoria, Australia.
Please send applications through to: James Smith at email@example.com
- Contact Name: James Smith
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org