Posted 11 Jun 2021
Closes 11 Jul 2021
An amazing opportunity to determine your own future in hospitality. The Cooks Shed is looking for an enthusiastic qualified chef to join our small team creating delicious, generous food in the Hawkesbury, just an hour out of Sydney. Build a profile and advance your career by learning from Chef Martin Boetz, a respected hospitality professional.
- Opportunity to be mentored by an industry leading Executive Chef
- Stunning location in a great community
- Supportive team who will cheer on when you succeed
The Shed is a rustic and unique venue located on a magnificent sunny ridge overlooking the Hawkesbury River at Sackville, just an hour out of Sydney. Our kitchen, incorporating a wood-fired oven, is a calm environment with access to brilliant local produce, gardens and farmers. We host weddings, parties and collaborate with high profile chefs to create incredible dining and food education experiences. The Cottage is another hidden gem on the farm providing accommodation for event guests and a sought-after weekend retreat.
Our surrounds are stunning. Our working hours will allow you to maintain a balanced life with family, friends and the local community. We host weddings, parties and collaborate with high profile chefs to create incredible dining and food education experiences from Wednesdays to Sunday.
Amazing work life balance, country vibes on the outskirts of a big city. Effort and hard work will be rewarded. Working with a prestigious and well-established venue will open up many avenues for career growth and progression.
Under the guidance of Chef Martin Boetz, you will have the drive to produce amazing quality food consistently and desire to progress your career further. You will show genuine pride in your work and bring a professional demeanour to the table. You will need:
- Knowledge of what it takes to deliver a premium dining environment
- A genuine passion for using sustainable practices and local produce
- Willingness to grow, develop and improve your skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable experience or knowledge of sustainable farming practices and preserving techniques
- Industry leading knowledge of current food trends, products and development techniques
- An interest and exposure to multiple cuisines
- Great communication skills, especially under pressure
- Motivated to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Genuine flexibility and resilience
- Food safety supervisor experience
- Knowledge in costing and recipe development
Job Type: Full-time with flexibility
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current events, it is important to note you must be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident and or have full Australian working rights with no restrictions to be considered for this role.
- Contact Name: Kay Richardson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org