Audience Growth & Insights Manager
Posted 6 Feb 2020
Closes 7 Mar 2020
We are on the hunt for an experienced Audience Growth & Insights Manager to join our fast-paced, creative editorial team.
The role requires a data-obsessed problem-solver who won’t break a sweat driving audience growth across our six industry-leading websites – PEDESTRIAN.TV, Business Insider, POPSUGAR, Gizmodo, Kotaku & Lifehacker – using data to analyse trends and iterate strategy.
It will be the responsibility of the successful candidate to ensure the business (primarily editorial but also commercial) has a strong and clear understanding of the Pedestrian Group audiences at all times, bringing with him/her an expert knowledge of the best tools and analytics to help editorial make informed content choices.
What You’ll Do:
Audience & Content Insights
- Help grow an engaged audience on-site and across all social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google AMP etc
- Suggest changes to editorial strategy in accordance with SEO algorithm developments and a constantly-evolving audience
- Ensure the media kit/s and other external documents are always updated with the most relevant audience and demo data
- Work with strategy & response on briefs to provide more in-depth insights as needed
- Provide Publisher/editorial leads with monthly, weekly and daily reporting across site and social networks to track what is and isn’t working
- Master analytics tools or new approaches to measuring and analysing our audience data
- Manage audience surveys: handle the process of gathering insights to inform survey questions, engage key stakeholders for sign off, manage the rollout, collate responses and present findings as a ‘story’
- Use data to analyse trends and iterate strategy across all six Pedestrian Group sites and platforms
- Ensure the Publisher and commercial teams are kept up to date with audience trends and insights
- Own all data and analytics tools within Pedestrian Group– oversee access, training, be the expert on all systems ie Nielsen, Emma, Clear Decisions, Google Analytics 360
- Work with the Dev team on the implementation and maintenance of data and analytics tools
- Manage relationship with research partners (Nielsen, Emma etc) and ensure latest trends and reports are made relevant to our brands
- Optimise written and video content as required
Things You Should Have:
- An obsessive love of all things data and audience hacking
- At least 3 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Expert-level knowledge of all commonly-used data and analytics tools
- Experience working to tight deadlines and ability to manage different projects concurrently
- An understanding of growth marketing tactics, in particular content marketing and SEO principles
- The flexibility to work after hours when necessary
The role is a full-time position reporting to the Publisher and is based in Sydney at Pedestrian Group’s Surry Hills HQ.
- Contact Name: Vanessa Lawrence
- Contact Email: email@example.com