Posted 24 Jul 2020
Closes 23 Aug 2020
New Directions Packaging has a proud history of providing innovative and superior packaging solutions to businesses in Australia and worldwide. With an experienced and creative team of Account Managers and Graphic Designers, we understand the importance of differentiating a business from its competitors, and the pivotal role of packaging in reinforcing a brand image. With over 20 years of experience, New Directions Packaging has consistently provided high quality and impressive packaging to a wide range of industries including Events & Hospitality, Food & Wine, Business & Finance, FMCG, Fashion, Beauty, and Skincare & Cosmetics.
We are searching for a Assistant who will be an integral member of the team, primarily focused on administration, showroom management, stock control and internal content creation, social media management and assisting the team in the day to day running of the department.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be a team player – someone who actively supports the team in the development and production process of packaging projects.
- Be a confident communicator – as the first point of contact to clients and public walk-ins for the New Directions Showroom. This includes answering queries, processing orders and ongoing maintenance of showroom.
- Be driven to achieve – coordinating and driving sales through multiple mediums including web, phone, e-mail and showroom.
- Be organised – effectively multi-tasking administrative duties such as handling inbound & outbound calls, processing payments, stock control, supporting the team and maintaining office records.
- Be comprehensive in your approach – being actively involved in packaging projects from start-to-finish, from the initial concept stages with clients through to production completion with suppliers and then post-delivery assistance.
- Contribute marketing ideas and creativity – for ongoing social media management and content creation.
- Demonstrate attention to detail – by undertaking relevant research and necessary reporting of supplier costings, internal packaging sales trends, industry trends and more.
What are we looking for in the potential candidate?
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail – this is a must!
- An ability to jump right in and take on the role with confidence, an open mind and ability to adapt to the team and the constantly changing industry.
- To have initiative across all tasks from administrative duties to creative tasks and isn’t shy to come forth with new ideas.
- Well-developed communication and a professional manner within the company, with clients and with suppliers across the globe.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- A multi-tasker who is able to switch between tasks seamlessly.
- A passion for print, design, and creative problem-solving, with a desire to learn and explore all things related to packaging.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce and/or Marketing & Communications is preferred, but not essential.
We are a small close-knit team within a larger company, who are incredibly hard-working and enjoy a good laugh together. Our cool office space is an incredibly friendly environment located in Sydney’s Inner West. We want to enhance our team with a fresh pair of eyes and would love to start interviewing ASAP, so if this role sounds like you then we encourage you to apply now.
- Contact Name: Adam Beydoun
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org