Senior A&R Manager (Publishing)
Posted 8 Jan 2021
Closes 7 Feb 2021
The fastest growing company in Australian music, BMG Australia is searching for a Senior A&R Manager to sign and develop new talent and manage a world-class publishing roster that includes Alison Wonderland, Peking Duk, Golden Features, Crowded House, Kwame, Illy, Manu Crooks, Client Liaison, SAFIA, Ocean Grove, BLESSED, Young Franco, KLP, What So Not, Cut Copy, Didirri, Running Touch, SLUMBERJACK, San Cisco, Montaigne, B Wise, DZ Deathrays, JET, Wolfmother, Hockey Dad, Nyxen and Winston Surfshirt + many more.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and working closely with the A&R Manager (Recordings), the successful applicant will have a demonstrated record of signing and developing new music talent and a desire to play a shaping role in a new chapter of Australian and New Zealand music.
Working out of BMG’s impressive converted loft space in Surry Hills. The successful applicant will have access to 2 high-end production rooms in which they can host an ever replenishing stream of songwriting collaborations as well as the newly completed, state-of-the-art multi-room recording studio ‘The Gallery’.
The role includes the following responsibilities-
* identify and sign new talent
* work closely with the BMG roster to further explore domestic and international opportunities
* work closely with BMG Recordings team to identify opportunities where BMG songwriters and producers can benefit from BMG’s global recorded mission and vice versa
* Co-ordinate domestic and international songwriting sessions and international writing trips
* pitching songs, beats and toplines domestically and internationally
* work closely with BMG’s international A&R teams across records and publishing
BMG is an international company and as a result frequent international video calls and occasional international travel (post COVID) will be a part of a role.
BMG Australia is a safe and inclusive space.
Due to the sheer volume of applications received for jobs of this nature, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response.