Posted 16 Jul 2021
Closes 15 Aug 2021
We’re an independent, creative communications agency that gets our clients noticed, wedevelop multi-channeled campaigns that create impactful results.
We get better results because we don’t do things how they’ve always been done, but how we know they should and could be done in a constantly evolving digital, media and consumer landscape.
We aim to be the smartest and most efficient agency in the market, spending less time on admin and more time ‘doing.’
We are creative, digital, business and comms experts that specialise in:
- Creative and Strategy
- Public Relations
- 360 Social Media
- End to End Content
- Experiential and Sponsorship
- Ambassador and Influencer strategies and engagement
- Corporate Affairs and Issues Management
We believe the best work is a result of having the best people on board. We’re committed to providing our team with the environment, support and training to deliver work that gets our clients noticed.
Culture, health and wellbeing are very important to us. From bring your dog to work, to seven day in-office (three days from home) fortnights, monthly Culture Club initiatives, profit share and regular team lunches, we’re committed to fostering a supportive, nimble work environment.
We’re about efficiency and effectiveness, not how many hours you clock. We don’t measure people by how many evenings or weekends are spent in the office — simply by how well the work is being done.
About the role.
Alt/Shift is amidst an exciting growth phase and we’re looking for an eager Account Executive to join our growing team, and work alongside the existing crew to build the division into the market’s strongest.
As our PR Account Executive, you’ll possess PR experience, with the ability to hit the ground running, and play a key role within our team in the development and delivery of outstanding campaigns for our clients.
No day is the same at Alt/Shift, however regular tasks will include client meetings, internal brainstorms, asset development including media materials and content, and media and influencer relations.
You’ll be working alongside a team of creative thinkers and comms specialists in an integrated office space in the heart of Melbourne’s food, arts and culture mecca, Fitzroy, as well as often working alongside our Sydney team as and when required.
About our dream candidate.
At Alt/Shift, we bring together some of the industry’s most highly regarded leaders; experienced and creative thinkers; and the energy and optimism of rising talent. And because an agency is only as good as its people, we’re uncompromising in selecting the best team to build our agency from the ground up. Good people, who go above and beyond every day. Who celebrate successes as well as share the challenges. People who are inspired to do the best work for the best clients, with the best partners. Attitude and culture fit is everything to us!
Our team of PR consultants are positive, ambitious content and news-junkies who are constantly searching for the next big trend in Australian media. Our ideal Account Executive is an equally passionate consumer of news and lifestyle editorial and online content with a knack for finding creative ways to connect with media, online influencers and consumers alike.
You’re an eager PR practitioner with an established network of Australian media contacts, a problem solver and a proven ability to deliver exceptional results for your clients. And while you’re already a confident and able practitioner, you’re constantly on the hunt for ways to hone your craft.
Attitude and culture fit is everything to us. If this sounds like you and your skillset/experience matches the below criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- Degree or further education in Marketing/PR/Journalism/Digital
- 1-2 years public relations experience in a PR agency environment or in house
- Established network of Australian media contacts
- Sound strategic thinker, with the ability to contribute and assist in campaign development
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to identify media trends and eloquently write up identified news angles
- An uncompromising attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, with a proven ability to deliver projects to provided deadlines
- Comfortable in receiving constructive feedback
- Competent pair of hands and works collaboratively with a broader team to deliver exceptional results for our client
- Confident in providing support, training and constructive feedback to entry level staff
- Adaptable working style that isn’t afraid of daily demand and priority shifts