Volunteer Transport to Treatment Drivers – Coffs Harbour
NSW - Coffs Harbour & North Coast
Posted 14 Jan 2021
Closes 13 Feb 2021
- Looking for a way to give back to your community?
- Do you enjoy driving?
CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Outline of the role:
Cancer Council NSW helps people affected by cancer and their carers travel to treatment in New South Wales. Last financial year volunteer drivers travelled for 22,530 hours to help cancer patients and their carers get to treatment. With your support, we hope to be able to help more people.
We are currently seeking volunteer drivers living in the Coffs Harbour area with an interest in driving & giving back to the community to help cancer patients attend their appointments. Full training is provided as part of this volunteer role.
Key accountabilities include:
- Using our Transport to Treatment vehicles, drive clients to and from treatment centres & for related oncology appointments
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Identifying and addressing potential hazards
- Keeping records of trips using the systems specified by Cancer Council NSW
- Communicating with the service coordinator for reliable scheduling
- Monitoring and maintaining good health to prevent exposing patients to communicable
infections, and declining to work when unwell
- Adhere to relevant CCNSW policies and procedures
- Be willing to participate and make yourself available for new volunteer and refresher training, some of which may be conducted online
Our ideal volunteer will:
- Have excellent communication and listening skills
- Have availability 2-4 days per month (flexible options available)
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be under 86 years of age (due to insurance reasons)
- Hold a valid driver’s licence
- Be willing to complete a National Police Check (cost covered by Cancer Council NSW)
- Be willing to participate in training
- Have a commitment to the cause and the mission of Cancer Council NSW
- Giving back
Benefits of the role for the volunteer:
- Supporting your local community, by driving cancer patients from their homes to the treatment centres
- Volunteer within a flexible role, to fit around your other commitments
- Meet fantastic staff and volunteers, all dedicated to our vision for a cancer-free future
- Access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits, and much more. See our website, under volunteering, for more information.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online by going to our WEBSITE (Cancer Council NSW) and submit your cover letter and resume!
Questions? Contact Louise Jeffs, Community Programs Coordinator on 02 6659 8414.
Applications close Monday 22 February 2021.
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.
- Contact Name: Volunteer Vacancies
- Contact Email: email@example.com