Video Production Coordinator
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 12 Oct 2018
Closes 31 Oct 2018
SOH Creative is the in-house creative studio of the Sydney Opera House. We’re a small but ambitious team who take great pride in delivering innovative work for one of the most iconic cultural venues in the world.
We are currently on the hunt for a video production coordinator responsible for the end-to-end project management of video production for the Sydney Opera House. You’ll be an enthusiastic, self-starter ready to bring to life great ideas and streamline our operation. You should be confident working alongside internal teams and external agencies and suppliers to ensure all projects are successful from a creative, financial, delivery and best-in-class perspective.
This is an excellent role where you will be given autonomy and scope to make your mark and influence the way projects are managed in this dynamic environment. Whilst initially a 6 month contract with the potential for extension this represents a great opportunity. Initially the role will focus on video production where down the track there is scope to extend this out to all sorts or artistic and creative collaborations to a fully integrated producer role.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description
- High level stakeholder management & collaboration skills to build and nurture key relationships with various internal and external stakeholders to produce video content
- <Assessment of briefs to confirm objectives, timing, budget and workflow point-of-view before coordinating execution to ensure best outcome
- Recommend how we should resource and/or produce projects (including working with external agencies / suppliers, freelancer/s or in-house resource)
- Coordinate with all external agencies and suppliers including negotiating production budgets, preparing contracts, project scope, all communications, ensuring execution is high quality and delivered to correct specs
- Responsible for providing detailed timelines and key project documentation
- Coordinating all elements of the pre, prod and post as required e.g. booking venues, sourcing talent, music production, voice over recordings
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams to effectively manage pipeline, align expectations, production timelines / rounds of amends, resource allocation and ultimately achieve successful outcomes
- Scheduling and maximising the potential of our in-house motion offering
- Archive files at the end of the project on the server and uploaded to our Asset Management System (kyno)
- Build on existing database of trusted suppliers and freelancers to deliver excellent creative campaigns / projects
- Maintain a proactive and responsive approach to work to accommodate high volume of work and short lead times
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to establish new, smarter processes and solutions
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years in a similar role in an agency or in-house environment
- <Excellent project management skills with proven success delivery projects in a high paced environment for a range of budgets
- Strong verbal and written communications and exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of the creative process and an innate digital and mobile first approach to creating content
- Remaining calm under pressure, proactive and can-do attitude with an ability to multitask and problem solve autonomously
- Good negotiator with good financial and business sense
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams and stakeholders
- Experience using Kyno and/or being a videographer skills are a plus!!
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- Often we need to produce video content for a very small budget (<$5k) and quick turnaround. Using a previous projects as an example, explain how you have achieved this in the past with a desirable outcome.
- There are some aspects of this job that require some tough decisions and a good level of assertion. Do you recall a problematic time dealing with an agency or managing shoot. What was the situation? How did you resolve this?
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
Job Status: Full Time, Temporary (6 months)
Position No: SOH1347
Salary: Base full time equivalent salary of $55,408 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Applications Close: 31/10/2018
Enquiries: Kirsty Garlick, [email protected]
- Contact Name: Kirsty Garlick
- Contact Email: [email protected]