Student Services Advisor
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 7 Dec 2018
Closes 6 Jan 2019
The Australian Learning Group is looking for dynamic and motivated people to join our team in Sydney. We are a fast growing and vibrant education organisation who is committed to providing high quality education and great service to 2,000 students Australia wide.
Why work for ALG?
The Australian Learning Group has been educating students for over 30 years. We are passionate about high quality education, practical learning and providing our students with the skills to prepare them for their new career. We operate several accredited colleges including Australian College of Sport and Fitness, NSW School of Massage, Australian College of Dance and 4life College. We deliver nationally recognised training to over 2,000 students per year, across 4 national campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.
ALG is value-driven and strives to deliver great service to our clients and a supportive work environment for our staff. Our key company attributes are passion, dedication and hard work while also being supportive and a really friendly down-to earth company. We pride ourselves on our strong team spirit and positive work environment.
About the role
This role is based in our fresh, new Sydney campus right in the heart of the CBD. In this role you will be the first point of contact for students. You will have a friendly telephone manner and excellent customer service skills as you provide outstanding support to our international students. We are looking for someone who is willing and able to:
- Handle enquires from prospective and current students via face to face, email and phone
- Provide student support and assistance throughout the course
- Manage student records
- Advise on course timetables and general student handbook policies
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
The key selection criteria for this role includes:
- Enthusiasm, adaptability and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A positive outlook.
- Commitment to working in a team.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment. Relevant experience in a similar role in the education, fitness, massage or dance industry is desirable but not essential.
- Exceptional administrative, organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Strong PC skills – especially in Microsoft Office and Gmail
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task
- A flexible, helpful, friendly and outgoing personality
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- The successful candidate will be comfortable in the face of adversity
Why you’ll love this job …
- Enjoy the immense job satisfaction that goes hand in hand with this busy, multifaceted role
- Be valued as a great team member as you provide exceptional service to students and colleagues
- Be part of a down to earth, friendly, hardworking team who take pride in their work
- We allow you to enrol in any of our evening or online courses for FREE once you are a member of our team
- You’ll receive free massages
- You have access to flexible pay
- You’ll be able to access HeroShop where you can receive discounts on everyday products and services such as Woolworths, Event Cinemas, Priceline etc.
Be a part of our Team
Our friendly team ensures a fun, inspiring and fulfilling working environment, with the emphasis on team and support. We offer career opportunities in Sydney as well as interstate. So come and join us!
If you feel that you have the required skills and knowledge to be part of our team, send your CV with a cover letter or video resume which addresses of the Key Selection Criteria. Please note, we only accept applications from candidates with full, permanent working rights for this role – Only because we want to keep you and help you grow!
- Contact Name: Kelly Skiba
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.