Social Media & PR Executive
Posted 20 Apr 2021
Closes 20 May 2021
- Are you looking for REAL opportunity that will take your career to the next level?
- Want to work in an exciting agency environment in Alexandria?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Closer Communications – www.closer.com.au – is focused on the future and looking for talented people ready to take their career to the next level and play an important role in our agency’s results and growth.
We are a boutique, full-service communications agency based in Alexandria, and pride ourselves on working as a true extension of our client’s marketing teams, passionately delivering successful campaigns that always exceed expectations. We are proud of our culture of success, which is based on empowering everyone in the business to make a real difference and grow their careers at a fast pace.
We are a tight-knit team who are passionate about our work across some of the world’s leading technology and lifestyle brands.
Our mantra is simple – be passionate, trust your instincts, celebrate success and have fun along the way.
About the Role:
We’re on the hunt for a Social Media & PR Executive to assist across both our PR and digital marketing functions within our client portfolio.
As a Social Media Executive, you will be primarily responsible for the delivery of content and community management initiatives across an exciting client portfolio. You will be involved in the implementation of social campaigns, management of communities and will assist with campaign planning, creative ideation and reporting.
Key social media tasks will include:
- Work with the management team to develop strategy for your clients
- Develop content calendars (from copy writing to imagery sourcing)
- Use your graphic design skills to create content for clients when needed
- Manage Facebook and Instagram ads
- Community management
- Monthly reporting for clients
Key roles in PR tasks will include:
- Craft and pitch relevant stories to media on a national scale
- Organise and assist with client events, big and small
- Think creatively to assist in developing unique strategies for media/marketing campaigns and launches
- Manage influencer programs
Ideally, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree or other certified qualification (Marketing, Communications, Media, Journalism or similar)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a care for detail
- Practical experience with social media and digital marketing platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and CRM / email marketing software (Mailchimp) and Google Analytics
- Graphic Design skills – Photoshop or InDesign
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Ability to create and write engaging content for owned channels (web, socials, eDMs) as well as longer-form op-ed, collateral and other earned opportunities
- A sound understanding of both the marketing and public relations functions to assist across PR, marketing and advertising campaigns as needed