Social media and marketing coordinator
Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Posted 21 Apr 2021
Closes 21 May 2021
Private Media is the parent company of Crikey, SmartCompany and The Mandarin.
For 21 years, Crikey has set out to explain and dissect the news agenda for an intelligent, skeptical, socially and politically aware audience. Our readers expect more than just to read the news. They come to Crikey to understand the news from a truly independent perspective. Independent from the mainstream media, and in some instances, independent from their own views.
SmartCompany exists to champion small businesses and the people who run them, plus give them the tools they need to survive and thrive in the modern Australian economy.
The Mandarin delivers the news and analysis the public sector reads every day. With a focus on senior public service executives there is no other news source like it. Since its inception 2014, The Mandarin has built a premier brand for public sector analysis, thought leadership and collaborative discourse on the business of government and the art of public administration.
Our business is funded by two key revenue streams – advertising and reader revenue. After a year of substantial reader growth, Private Media is now looking for a performance marketer to drive all our paid media efforts, improving our capacity to attract audience to our paid and free products.
As part of the reader revenue team, reporting to the head of reader revenue, the performance marketer will be responsible for generating the best return on advertising spend, primarily across search and social. The primary outcome of your work would be growth in our subscriptions funnel, all the way from brand reach to customer acquisition and retention.
- Help support acquisition campaigns, primarily online via search and social
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of reports, budgets, campaign performance, ROI, LTV, and other channel metrics
- Use a process of testing to prove hypotheses and recommend performance optimizations
- Use a data driven approach to manage campaigns and derive insights on strategy and performance
- Help support weekly and monthly reporting of channel metrics, goals, and other KPIs
- Monitor web analytics dashboards and key reporting tools, pointing out key areas of importance
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs, optimizing campaigns to maximize ROI.
- Work closely with the other teams and stakeholders to ensure acquisition goals are met.
- 5+ years of experience buying media against performance metrics. You DON’T need experience working at a publisher – in fact, we’re particularly interested in candidates who can bring knowledge of how other sectors use paid media, particularly those that have worked on subscription products (eg. Saas)
- Strong understanding of paid social media – you will have spent plenty of time building complex, multi stage funnel sales channels using the Facebook suite of tools. You don’t need experience with other social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn), but we’d be interested in any experience you might have, and you’d need to be curious about what those platforms can do
- Some experience with paid search is preferred
- Strong grasp of web analytics, A/B Testing, and metrics driven (performance) marketing
- Strong analytical ability and extremely comfortable with excel/google sheets
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- We are a rapidly growing company. It is important to us that anyone joining knows this, and will push hard to get our products in front of more people (and get them using them, and paying for them!).
- We think operational stability is really important. In the past, we might have been timid putting our hand up to ask for new resources or to flag any issues. Not anymore – we’re bold about asking for more when we know we’ll get more as a result.
- We want Private Media to be the place that people do the best work of their career. If that sounds like something you’d like to do, please get in touch.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com.
- Contact Name: Amy Kindellan
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org