Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 15 May 2019
Closes 14 Jun 2019
Pedestrian Group is on the hunt for an organised, detail oriented and motivated shopping writer. The role requires a creative problem solver and self starter who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives and breathes the PEDESTRIAN brand, covering Pedestrian.TV, Business Insider, POPSUGAR, Gizmodo, Kotaku & Lifehacker.
The shopping writer is responsible for writing and optimising e-commerce content across Pedestrian.TV, Gizmodo, Business Insider, Lifehacker, Kotaku and PopSugar.
Due to the wide range of publications you’ll be writing for, you need to be a savvy operator who can understand brand voice and tailor each piece of content to suit a unique audience.
To be successful as Pedestrian Group’s shopping writer you will need deep knowledge of brands, retailers, and products, as well as the ability to communicate and work effectively alongside our editorial staff. You don’t need to be an expert in every product category, but you should be passionate about some, and willing to research and learn about others on a daily basis.
You will be measured by your ability to drive revenue through editorial and commercial content and by developing strong affiliate partnerships. You’ll report to the Native Content Manager.
Things You Should Have:
- At least 2 years of editorial experience combined with a strong interest or experience in eCommerce or product writing
- Deep knowledge and passion for products across all categories
- The ability to change your writing tone for various audiences including tech, culture, lifestyle and business
- A strong interest in audience growth, conversion and analytics
- Strong interest and understanding of the technology, lifestyle and culture space
- Willingness to work on weekends and/or evenings as required, especially around major commerce events
What You’ll Do:
- Create commerce content, including deal posts and longer-form lifestyle, technology and culture content
- Trawl the Internet for the best deals and coolest products in a variety of categories
- Work with our affiliate partners to bring great deals and exclusives to our readers
- Write, edit, create images, publish on social media and interact with readers
- Gauge and improve performance using data from Amazon Associates, Skimlinks, Google Analytics, etc.
Apply via the button below
- Contact Name: Vanessa Lawrence
- Contact Email: [email protected]