SEO AND CONTENT MANAGER- DIGITAL MEDIA AGENCY- SYDNEY
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 12 Oct 2018
Closes 11 Nov 2018
Who is Yango?
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial digital marketing company operating within the fast paced and rapidly evolving marketing technology space. Yango fuses marketing with technology to deliver great results for our clients. It’s an exciting place to be and we love what we do. We are passionate, hard working and encourage new ideas and entrepreneurial thinking. At Yango you will be at the forefront of innovation in the industry, we will provide unlimited opportunity and support you to be at your best. We want you to reach your full potential and will do everything we can to make it happen for you.
Nature and Scope of Position:
The SEO and Content Manager will work with the National Performance Director in an implementation, management, and product development role to execute organic search and content campaigns, manage clients, and moving forward – manage a SEO and Content team.
You will work collaboratively with the National Performance Director to create, nurture, and deliver on a best-in-class SEO and Content product; and work with the wider team to support, educate, and deliver SEO and Content solutions both internally and externally.
This will cover tasks across (but not limited to) SEO and Content strategy (including keyword and category research), SEO and Content campaign creation and execution (including managing influencer prospects, link opportunities, and external networks), SEO and Content campaign reporting and insight delivery, team management, campaign/website auditing, project forecasting, assistance with new business pitches, new opportunity identification, and active communication and relationship management with clients and internal stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years in the SEO and Content space, who has some level of experience with client facing, and preferably a strong technical understanding of the space.
Campaign Management and Execution:
- Responsible for creation and execution of SEO and Content marketing campaigns – including auditing of existing activity, creation of strategies and project plans based off findings, delivery and execution of strategies and projects in line with plans, ongoing reporting. and communication with all stakeholders.
Responsible for best practice optimisation of campaigns based on analysed results
Responsible for consistent and insightful reporting of campaign results whenever required.
Assist with creation, implementation, management, and ongoing maintenance/analysis of Analytics properties.
Work with the National Performance Director to lead campaign strategy in conjunction with other performance team members (as well was the wider team if necessary).
Responsible for ongoing analysis of campaign delivery and performance, including internal tracking and execution/delivery of reporting.
Responsible for the delivery of audits of client websites and other owned properties (as well as their competitors) – from each of the technical, relevance, and authority perspectives.
Assist with structure, creation, and formatting of presentations, best practice documents, owned property copy, and reporting.
Responsible for ensuring that the SEO/Content team’s work is delivered to the highest standards, within deadlines, and meets industry best practice.
Assist with development of a best-in-class SEO and Content product, including product positioning, collateral, best practice, processes, reporting, etc.
Engage and manage suppliers/technology providers, ensuring that Yango has access to the right suite of tools and abilities to deliver a best in class SEO/Content product both internally and externally.
Percentage of Position: 50%
Team and Client Management:
- Responsible for management of team and maintenance/ownership of client relationships.
Ensure that clients are consistently serviced to the highest standards, facilitating regular check-ins, and report back to the National Performance Director on any important communications.
Assist National Performance Director with developing strategies, presentations, etc. for new business pitches.
Assist with strategic planning on client patch to ensure continued growth of existing and new clients. More specifically, identify opportunities to grow existing clients, and use these to grow client’s spend, channel portfolio, and positive relationships with clients.
Ensure overall client satisfaction.
Ensure policy and procedure is followed at each stage of operation procedures.
Proactively work to educate yourself and others as to channel, product, and Yango best practices.
Responsible for training of performance team members across SEO and Content specialisms. Assist with training the wider team, working with them to develop their skills in areas which you specialise in.
Create and deliver onboarding programs, personal development plans, etc. to ensure continued growth, satisfaction, and development of direct reports.
Work with the wider team to respond to relevant client briefs, contributing to both overall and channel-specific strategy.
Work to understand and attain relevant industry qualifications (including, but not limited to the Google Partners certification), setting an example for members of the wider team, while maintaining these going forward.
Work with the performance team and wider teams to build and maintain a strong culture of pro-activity, high performance, learning, accountability, and fun. Culture starts with everyone.
Percentage of Position: 40%
And other duties which may come up from time to time – 10%.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in the below systems:
- Search Engines
- Web Analytics platforms (e.g Google Analytics)
- Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Shopify, Neto, Joomla, Adobe CQ5, etc)
- Organic search specific tools (e.g. ScreamingFrog, SEMRush, Moz, ahrefs, SearchMetrics, Brightedge, etc)
- Strong data manipulation skills, with a strong focus on Excel
- Intermediate to strong PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate to strong Word skills
- Basic knowledge of website programming languages (such as HTML, PHP, CSS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of website architecture and sitemaps.
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Understanding of personal learning and communication styles.
- Strong project management skills, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and draw conclusions from data sets.
- Ability to differentiate insights from interesting facts.
- Ability to ascertain client’s overall business objectives and propose effective, long-term solutions.
- Ability to effectively manage and develop staff, ensuring satisfaction and engagement within business.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients, leveraging these to create beneficial business outcomes.
- Understanding of the impact of behaviour on junior staff.
- Min. 2 years experience in the SEO and Content space.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong, adaptable, professional and friendly manner in communication.
- Good prioritisation, time management and organisational skills.
- Strong numeracy, verbal and written communication skills.
- Sharp strategic, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills.
- Possesses a calm and level-headed approach to stressful situations.
- Can foresee and understand impacts of their actions on overall business operations both internally and externally.
- Contact Name: Luke Povee
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.