Senior Screen Printer & Production Manager
Posted 16 May 2019
Closes 15 Jun 2019
As a Senior Screen Printer and Production Manager you will be required to have thorough knowledge of the screen printing / textile industry.
You will be required to have the below skills and attributes;
- A thorough understanding of all printable textile substrates,
- Industry leading quality in print finish, hand feel, and colour registration.
- Knowledge of best practice decoration methods for both natural & synthetic fibres.
- High quality stencil making and screen management through the entire print production cycle.
The skills required to prepare, test & trouble-shoot print applications using:
- Hybrid Co-Solvent ink systems.
Experience with current print techniques:
- Single & Multiple spot colours,
- Transfers, Foil & Flock
- Fine detail & Halftones
- Simulated (Spot) Process
- Schedule, Setup & Run print jobs
- Prepare Inks, Screens & Garments for production
- Ensure the quality of finished goods meets our internal &/or client specified standards
- Follow management directives
- Delegate tasks by written and verbal instruction
- Supervise & train junior staff
- Operate manual & semi-auto printing machines, dryers & heat-press equipment
- Receive and Dispatch Stock as required. Complete work documentation.
- Clean machinery & work areas
- Follow preventative maintenance schedules
- Maintain materials & stock levels
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Implementing company policy with regard to production targets and quality standards
- Maintaining our chargeable output by maximising use of available resources
- Rostering & assignment of production tasks & daily goals to work teams
- Working closely with junior staff members, supervising their training & assessment
- Operation of manual & semi-auto printing machines, dryers & heat-press equipment
- Using advanced problem solving techniques
- Performing basic machinery maintenance and report faults
- Contacting equipment suppliers for major faults, repairs and scheduled servicing
- Conducting checks and reporting on worker safety and equipment operation
- Ordering inks and chemicals, to maintain stock levels and meet upcoming production requirements
- Co-ordinating daily workflow with Sales, Art, Pre-press and Fulfilment departments
- Engaging in enterprise resource management with senior staff
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on quality variations within the print production department
- Leading weekly formal production team meetings and daily ‘toolbox’ and safety discussions
- Undertake routine evaluation of standard operating procedures
- Implement LEAN/5S, including testing and measurement of established work systems