Senior Industrial Designer
Posted 8 Mar 2019
Closes 7 Apr 2019
Think big. Dare to innovate.
At Coates, we pride ourselves on constantly challenging the industry norm to deliver unrivalled results. Our vision is to build the world’s most intelligent, data driven signage and menu board solutions. We constantly innovate to drive market leading change. Switchboard™, our dynamic content management software platform, combined with our various digital display & hardware products, offers a truly unique end to end merchandising solution.
We have a passion for people and a daring willingness to do things differently. Our ambitious and collaborative team is continually focused on growing together, seizing opportunities and driving the business forward. Our Sydney office is Coates HQ and we have offices in 6 other countries around the world
We value ideas, we deliver solutions.
You’re passionate about quality and about how to best achieve it. Of course, you’re proactive and innovative, identifying potential issues and opportunities ahead of time. You love working with talented people to solve real-world problems for your customers. Learning is an everyday event that rarely takes place in classroom.
- All stages of product development – research, concept creation & renderings, 3D modelling, Bill Of Materials & manufacturing drawings, packaging design and quality control.
- Managing offshore manufacturing (occasional travel may be required)
- Manage certification of products for international markets
- Technical support for project managers, installers, and the product support team
- Installation and assembly documentation, design revisions and variations for international markets.
- Research and engagement in emerging digital technology and customer experience.
- Innovative thought process and idea generation.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Engineering
- 3 years+ professional experience in a related field; digital signage, ATM design, gaming machine design, electronic signage or similar
- Understanding of sheetmetal fabrication processes, welding, finishing and powder coating
- Comprehension of electronics
- Professional experience using 3D CAD – preferably AutoDesk Inventor/ Solidworks
- Experience dealing with overseas manufacturing is highly desirable
- Previous experience with, or exposure to, product certifications is desirable
- Creation of Bill Of Materials and engineering drawings for manufacture
- Experience using rendering software, as well as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft office suite proficiency (Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Sharepoint)
If this sounds like you please get in touch.
- Contact Name: Paul
- Contact Email: [email protected]