Senior Communications Executive
Posted 25 Sep 2021
Closes 25 Oct 2021
GLOSS COMMUNICATIONS represents a fresh and modern way of thinking about strategic communications – putting storytelling at the heart of everything we do.
Founded in Sydney in 2020, we are a multi-disciplinary agency which specialises in innovative and imaginative ideas and bespoke creative services for our clients, which span the industries of fashion, lifestyle, luxury, interiors, design, beauty, travel, automotive and consumer goods. We work with tastemakers and innovators, adding the final shine – or gloss – to their incredible brands to create long-term brand equity and success.
We are looking for a motivated, eager and dynamic Senior Communications Executive to join our team on a part-time basis (2-3 days per week) in a dedicated role which reports directly to the agency Director and has the capacity to grow within the business.
We are a small team working in a fast-paced environment for a variety of different clients across different industries, so the ideal candidate needs to have their head in the game, be passionate about the latest trends and news in our industry and have a client-needs mindset that can help us exceed the expectations of our incredible clients and deliver outstanding value each and every time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a few years of professional experience in communications and marketing looking to take the next step in their career. Even better if you can bring a variety of experience to the table including (but not limited to): public relations, digital marketing, social media, graphic design, copywriting and content creation.
The essential skillsets will be integral to success in this role are within public relations and media relations (the ability to write and pitch great stories) and a sound understanding of social media platforms (and how to translate stories across different brand channels). Great candidates will also have experience in copywriting, digital marketing and graphic design (or at least have a sound understanding of the Adobe suit including Photoshop) and may have previously used tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Klaviyo and Later.
Day-to-day, this role would involve:
- Assist with the creation and implementation of media publicity campaigns
- Pitching stories to journalists to generate coverage for clients
- Manage social media accounts and campaigns on behalf of clients
- Coordinating media and talent requests for samples, imagery and interviews
- Support with the management of client relationships
- Update and maintain media and talent contact databases
- Monthly client reporting including performance and editorial coverage
- General support to agency Director with other business initiatives
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- 2-3 years of experience in a comparable role (similar industries is a plus)
- Excellent communicator with superb written and verbal skills
- Proficient with computer systems (particularly Mac OS)
- Great organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Confident by nature with the natural ability to build rapport with people
- Knowledge of Adobe programs including Photoshop a definite plus
- Flexible work arrangement (working from home included)
- Join a growing business with exciting opportunities for growth
- Competitive salary offer
- Play an important part in the growth of the business
- Seriously great clients across a variety of industries
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email us with your CV and a Cover Letter detailing why you think you would be a great candidate for this role and tell us a little about yourself including your passions outside of work, your favourite Netflix series and anything else you think sets you apart from the rest and makes you a unique and outstanding candidate for this role.