Reality TV Writer
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 16 May 2019
Closes 15 Jun 2019
Pedestrian Group is seeking a strong content and creative mind to bring new energy and excitement to our entertainment offering on POPSUGAR Australia. Working flexibly when needed across our brand platforms and guided by our Managing Editor, this role will break relevant international and local entertainment news, cover trending TV shows live, mastermind viral hits and write additive stories about the pop culture moments that will go on to define a generation.
Our ideal candidate is utterly obsessed with TV and Australian reality TV, and will be an engaging writer with a strong hold on spelling, grammar, SEO, data analysis and platform publishing, who can independently use these tools and touch points to create positive and additive content for women who love to be entertained.
- Cover key TV shows live as they happen on POPSUGAR (*see adaptive working hours)
- Break relevant news and secure POPSUGAR exclusives
- Use data to create on-brand, original and engaging TV and entertainment stories daily
- Strategically market this content out on brand platforms
- Grow the audience and moderate the Pass The Popcorn Facebook Group
- Localise, publish and platform content from US partners
- Continuously ideate content that drives brand awareness, audience growth and engagement
- Photo research
- Upload contributor content
- Manage editorial calendar – input key dates
- Assist with reporting
- Produce newsletter according to audience development strategy
- Track and optimise referrals from social platforms
- Grow audience engagement across all brand platforms
Candidate Profile and Skills:
- Min. 2 year of experience writing for digital audiences
- Ability to pitch original and engaging story ideas led by data
- Strong grammar, research, and copy-editing skills
- Ability to calmly write fast, accurate copy and meet rolling daily deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – must be a team player with a resourceful, can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Firsthand experience with daily publishing in a CMS
- Firsthand experience using Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of SEO and platform publishing
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop
- Familiarity with POPSUGAR brand – we’re looking for a brand fan!
- Relationships with industry press teams and celebrity publicists
- GIF / social video editing skills
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our Sydney office Monday-Friday, 8-5pm.
During key TV shows or event periods decided by the Managing Editor, this role will work the adaptive hours of 1-10pm.