QLD Community Engagement Officer
Posted 20 Aug 2019
Closes 19 Sep 2019
Oaktree engages with over 250 000 youths and supporters across Australia. We are able to do this through our State Branches which lead campaigns, fundraisers (our biggest is Live Below the Line), workshops and meetings throughout the nation. The QLD State team drives these grassroots actions within QLD, giving young people the opportunity to thrive and make a real difference by gaining support to fund our partnered work in the Asia-Pacific.
As a QLD Community Engagement Officer, you will work in a setting that develops and empowers young people in high – impact campaigning, public engagement and leadership development. You will mainly be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with local communities, schools, universities, churches and workplaces to help run our biggest campaign: Live Below the Line.
As a QLD Community Engagement Officer, a typical day might look like:
– Implementing campaigning actions such as recruiting young people to become involved in Oaktree’s programs.
– Establishing and developing meaningful relationships with external stakeholders including schools.
– Helping to develop an understanding of the challenges that impact these partnerships and overcoming these factors.
– Taking part in regular team and State meetings.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT:
– Be part of a team of other passionate and like-minded volunteers.
– Ongoing training and mentoring for your personal and professional development.
– A wealth of experience in community organising.
– Make an impact in Australia and globally that provides young people with the opportunity to thrive.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience so if you’re willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
NOTE: As a youth-run organisation, applicants must be aged 16-26. This is a voluntary position.
For more information and how to apply, head over to: www.oaktree.org/volunteer_in_qld . Applications close Friday 6th of September 2019.
- Contact Name: Divya Mediwela
- Contact Email: [email protected]