Posted 26 Apr 2019
Closes 26 May 2019
Ditto Music are looking to add a skilled and successful Publicity Manager to our Australian team to lead the PR Campaigns for our artists and labels.
Ditto Music is a fast-growing and award-winning music distribution and label services company for over 200,000 artists, with offices in 20 countries worldwide.
One of Ditto’s two business models provides early stage artists with 100% royalties, while for artists further along in their career, Ditto Plus works on a % basis and helps with Campaign Strategy, DSP playlisting, PR and video content management.
Artists such as Chance the Rapper, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Yeasayer, Kaiit, Kwame, Kian, Tash Sultana and Alex Lahey have all used the Ditto platform.
The position will be based in either Melbourne or Sydney.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Publicity Manager’s duties & responsibilities are:
- To effectively, efficiently and professionally manage the relationships between the Australian media and Ditto’s roster of labels and artists.
- To develop and implement innovative, achievable and successful PR plans, strategies and campaigns for that roster including: writing press releases, pitching artists for feature coverage, presenting music, securing reviews, etc
- Commission and manage any external PR company resource that is required to effectively implement campaigns
- Work with Ditto’s Artist & Label Services Managers and client partners to acquire press assets/tools in order to execute campaigns efficiently
- Deal with external stakeholders to ensure they have all the required tools for their campaigns which involve Ditto artists
- Organise artist phone interview and on-ground schedules
- Prepare post-campaign reports
- Maintain the Ditto media and PR contacts database
- To leverage relationships in the wider global music industry to implement Ditto’s corporate communications strategy to assist in developing Ditto’s corporate profile
- To act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and Ditto’s results.
- Manage the PR department including any staff, general admin and budgets
- To work closely with the Regional Manager – ANZ in developing Ditto’s PR business; developing services to both existing music services client as well as external clients.
- Ideally have a tertiary degree in PR, communications, marketing or similar
- At least 3 years’ promotions or publicity experience with the proven ability to run successful campaigns, preferably within a music environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong network of industry contacts and the ability to build and foster relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time-management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks within different timeframes.
- Understanding of entertainment, lifestyle, culture, music, and art trends
- Driven, motivated and a desire to succeed
- Must hold a current drivers license.