Publicity Internship at Allen & Unwin Book Publishers
Posted 23 Apr 2019
Closes 23 May 2019
Allen & Unwin is Australia’s largest independent publisher with an enviable reputation for quality publishing, award-winning books and supporting Australian writers.
We are looking for a keen communications student interested in PR and publicity to join our team. This is a hands-on role that will enable you to gain skills and contacts in the media and publishing industries. The student must be enrolled in tertiary study and be covered under university insurance.
The main tasks will include:
- Learning to write press releases
- Obtaining content from books, via Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, for media extracts
- Liaising with journalists
- Publicity mail-outs
- Collating clippings of media press on titles
- Ad hoc duties for the team and other departments as necessary
The successful applicant will receive:
- One-on-one contact with the media, including print and online journalists, television and radio producers, bloggers and influencers
- Guidance from the team publicists
- Training in EDM creation
- The opportunity to attend high-level publishing, sales & marketing meetings that will help them gain insight into how the publishing business works
- Practice in writing media releases
- A written letter of reference and a potential entree into the publishing industry
- Receive reimbursement for travel costs
The student must have impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication skills and common sense.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current CV to [email protected] by Wednesday 1 May.
- Contact Name: Yvette Gilfillan
- Contact Email: [email protected]