Posted 13 Feb 2019
Closes 27 Feb 2019
Inertia Music is one of Australia’s leading Independent music companies and a member of [PIAS]’s global network. Inertia Music works with a number of international and local labels including Secretly Canadian, Transgressive, ATO, Ninja Tune, Mute and Pieater to name a few, as well as their in house labels that work with artists including Robyn, Ali Barter, Bjork, ODESZA, Asgeir and more.
The position focuses on delivering innovative, forward-thinking publicity campaigns that drive awareness and desire for Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists, releases and labels. Reporting to the Director, Label Group, the Publicist will work within the publicity team sharing workloads, media relationships and on-ground activities throughout the year.
- Create and execute publicity plans that use credible traditional, digital and social media to build desire for Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases.
- Contribute to and work with members of the broader label team to develop a strategy for key priority releases.
- Create unique opportunities for artist engagement and promotion, to highlight the artist’s music and character.
- Secure features, interviews, reviews, live performances, shoots and other compelling media coverage for Inertia’s artists and releases.
- Collaborate with the broader promo team to maintain Inertia’s relationships with key music, culture, fashion and lifestyle media across Australian social media, online, radio, print and TV.
- Review reader, listener, viewer, visitor and social numbers for key media outlets & relevant online trends noting shifting audiences to drive robust promotional strategies.
- Manage multiple promotional schedules, writing and distributing timely press releases.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of and engagement with the community radio landscape to create effective radio servicing for multiple releases.
- Being responsive and detailed when filtering feedback to relevant partners.
- At least two years experience in a similar role.
- A passion ‘for and sound knowledge of independent music, and an intimate knowledge of Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Capacity to present to small and large groups on results and contribute as required to various brainstorming meetings.
- Keen interest in creating unique content for social consumption, a sound understanding of graphic design is desired.
- An active interest in the ever-changing media, digital and social landscape, with a keen interest in digital trends relating to the music industry.
- Sharp organisational and time management skills.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Promo Jukebox, AMRAP & AIR IT servicing, and various other industry relevant services.
[PIAS] and Inertia Music are equal opportunity employers. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.