Posted 13 Feb 2019
Closes 27 Feb 2019
Inertia Music is one of Australia’s leading Independent music companies and a member of [PIAS]’s global network. Inertia Music works with a number of international and local labels including Secretly Canadian, Transgressive, ATO, Ninja Tune, Mute and Pieater to name a few, as well as their in house labels that work with artists including Robyn, Ali Barter, Bjork, ODESZA, Asgeir and more.
The position focuses on delivering innovative, forward-thinking publicity campaigns that drive awareness and desire for Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists, releases and labels. Reporting to the Director, Label Group, the Publicist will work within the publicity team sharing workloads, media relationships and on-ground activities throughout the year.
- Create and execute publicity plans that use credible traditional, digital and social media to build desire for Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases.
- Contribute to and work with members of the broader label team to develop a strategy for key priority releases.
- Create unique opportunities for artist engagement and promotion, to highlight the artist’s music and character.
- Secure features, interviews, reviews, live performances, shoots and other compelling media coverage for Inertia’s artists and releases.
- Collaborate with the broader promo team to maintain Inertia’s relationships with key music, culture, fashion and lifestyle media across Australian social media, online, radio, print and TV.
- Review reader, listener, viewer, visitor and social numbers for key media outlets & relevant online trends noting shifting audiences to drive robust promotional strategies.
- Manage multiple promotional schedules, writing and distributing timely press releases.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of and engagement with the community radio landscape to create effective radio servicing for multiple releases.
- Being responsive and detailed when filtering feedback to relevant partners.
- At least two years experience in a similar role.
- A passion ‘for and sound knowledge of independent music, and an intimate knowledge of Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Capacity to present to small and large groups on results and contribute as required to various brainstorming meetings.
- Keen interest in creating unique content for social consumption, a sound understanding of graphic design is desired.
- An active interest in the ever-changing media, digital and social landscape, with a keen interest in digital trends relating to the music industry.
- Sharp organisational and time management skills.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Promo Jukebox, AMRAP & AIR IT servicing, and various other industry relevant services.
[PIAS] and Inertia Music are equal opportunity employers. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.