Posted 13 Jun 2019
Closes 13 Jul 2019
RMCC empowers children and youth from refugee, migrant and asylum seeker backgrounds to create their own opportunities.
RMCC provides unique and tailored programs in our four focus areas of education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing in partnership and collaboration with the three key figures in each child’s life: their school, family and the wider community.
So far, RMCC has empowered over 800 kids across multiple programs throughout Melbourne’s West, and by 2020 our goal is to reach over 2000 kids in need.
Program Intern Volunteer Role
The volunteer Program Intern is responsible in assisting the Program Coordinator with the preparation of the programs and other related activities.
This position involves but is not necessarily limited to:
• Assist in sourcing and compiling program materials;
• Assist with timetabling and communication of shifts between RMCC & its volunteer mentors;
• Assist with the running of programs;
• Assist with program research and development;
• Assist in the development of social events for volunteer mentors;
• Assist with any other ad hoc program tasks that may arise.
Key Selection Criteria:
• A natural passion for RMCC’s mission;
• A good working knowledge of current refugee and asylum seeker issues;
• A driven self-starter that thinks outside of the box;
• Exceptional organisational and communication skills;
• Leadership experience looked highly upon;
• Self-motivated individual that can work both independently and in a team environment;
• Can attend required training and monthly team meetings out of work hours;
• Excellent computer skills, including that of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Must be able to commit to at least 2 full days in the office, for a minimum of 6 months;
• Working with Children Check and willing to undergo a Police Check;
- Contact Name: Alice Wojcik
- Contact Email: [email protected]