Posted 21 Feb 2019
Closes 22 Mar 2019
Founded in 2017, Eva has grown to be one of the top players in the e-commerce bedding space. We have disrupted the billion-dollar industry with three things: an award-winning mattress; incredible customer support; and our speedy same day delivery across Australia.
In less than two years, we have reached over ten thousand happy customers, which would not be possible without our laser focus on design and customer centricity.
You’ll be part of a company taking the industry heavyweights head on, have every day be uniquely different & the opportunity to give back with your efforts via our 1-10 donation commitment.
Overview of the role
Our team is looking to bring in a product designer as we venture into the home and furniture verticals. You’ll be the founding member of the product team, with a unique opportunity to shape the design and direction of our brand. This role has an emphasis on furniture design but will be supporting a variety of different product design projects. The ideal candidate will need to have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a product designer/industrial designer or a similar role as well as an eye for colours & up to the minute knowledge of the furniture space. Ultimately you will help us build products that are easy to use and visually appealing to our customers.
As the product designer, you’ll be collaborating with the Logistics and the Marketing team as well as other internal and external functions during ideation, early concept development, physical prototyping, sourcing and market launch. During this process, you’ll also be managing processes and building relationships with Australian and Asian suppliers and manufacturers.
You’ll constantly challenge the boundaries of all things design and play a huge impact in helping Eva expand its product line. If you live and breathe design, enjoy being part of a collaborative team with significant autonomy & creative freedom, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive new product lines from ideation, early concept development, physical prototyping, sourcing to market launch.
- Propose designs that fit cohesively within the Eva brand.
- Create 2D and 3D visuals/models to communicate ideas and concepts.
- Setting design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners.
- Leverage consumer insights and competitive analysis to develop user-centric products.
- Convert customer feedback into actionable design improvements.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the project meets timeline, design and budget.
- Minimum 2-years experience as a product designer/ industrial designer or a similar role.
- A problem-solver who is so organised & data driven, they’d be giving Marie Kondo tips.
- An autonomous mindset (we’re not big on micromanaging).
- Proven ability to identify & document product requirements via research and product reviews.
- A mastery of the Adobe suite and Solidworks such that random people who have heard of your awesome skills will be bowing to you in the corridor.
Bonus points (tell us) if you have:
- Can speak any Chinese dialect (Mandarin, Cantonese, etc)
- Have a specialised knowledge area for team Trivia nights.
- Previous experience working within the furniture, e-commerce or start-up space.
- Previous experience in leading and spearheading projects.
- Experience with sourcing suppliers and manufacturers.
WIIFM? (“What’s in it for me?”)
A chance to grow with a rapidly expanding startup, a role that is as adaptable as you are, support for any course, conference or training that will help us mutually grow, ears and budget for any wild (but justifiable) idea, an autonomous work environment where there is never a regular ‘days work’.
All the coffee/ tea/ beers you need, a cool new office space, sweet mattress discounts, spontaneous escape room events & just a bunch of lovely people.
Please send a cover letter, resume & portfolio (or anything that demonstrates we’d be a great fit for each other) to [email protected]
- Contact Name: Ken
- Contact Email: [email protected]