Pre-Press & Graphic Artist
Posted 16 May 2019
Closes 15 Jun 2019
We are seeking a talented Graphic Designer on a full-time basis with excellent communication skills to join our art department, based in Brooklyn, Victoria at our Super Special Warehouse. We are looking for a highly organised individual to be creative and work closely with our clients to ensue 100% customer satisfaction.
By using clear and consistent Verbal, Written, and Graphic communication, the Pre-press operator ensures that the correct print data is shared between internal and external clients using job layouts, and that these print jobs are manufactured according to client expectation by providing production ready graphic assets to the print team.
The graphics artist will be required to create new or consolidate exist graphics onto garments and spreads at the request of the UNIFIED Merchandise Services touring and account managers using best practices and knowledge from a previous role as a Pre-press operator (desirable).
You will need to be super organised, strong verbal and writing skills along with good communication. You will be able to multi task and have excellent attention to detail. Follow up is very important in this role and to be able to manage the job from start to finish.
Other skills involve:
- Apply existing work procedures at your level of training.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- File management
- Check artwork file quality for the sales and UMS teams.
- Liaise between Production team, Sales team and customers via phone & email
- Communicate effectively and meet Tour and Online delivery deadlines.
- Prepare Artwork and Job layouts for both Production and Customer Approval.
- Produce Artwork Colour Separations and Film Positives.
- Assist with Screen Exposure, Stencil Preparation and General Make-ready.
- Complete work documentation.
- Maintain materials & stock levels.
- Set-up and operate digital, electronic and mechanical graphic equipment.
- Clean & maintain equipment & work areas.
To be successful in your application you will have:
- Tertiary education in graphic design or printing.
- +1 years’ experience as a dedicated designer
- Illustrations skills that suits brand DNA
- Skilled in using Adobe Illustrator, In Design & Photoshop
- Project management experience (desirable)
- Experience in graphic design or pre-press (desirable)