PR & Social Media Account Manager
Sydney - North-shore & Northern Beaches
Posted 22 May 2019
Closes 21 Jun 2019
Amazing opportunity for a PR & Social Media Account Manager to join Australia’s most respected brand storytelling agency, Filtered Media. Working as part of our award-winning and truly integrated team, your goal is to amplify the impact of Consumer, Social Enterprise and Finance & Tech brands.
Your 4-5 years agency experience will stand you in good stead as you manage a small team of high achievers, develop client relationships and collaborate on fast-paced projects.
You have solid media and digital influencer relationships; you love crafting press releases and media pitches; and you’re a stickler for detail – that misplaced apostrophe drives you crazy!
You’re comfortable in any social media environment and also get a thrill from securing coverage. You understand the importance of data and research to drive great campaigns – you’ve done it before.
Day-to-day, the Account Manager is responsible for:
- Account management – cultivate and maintain client relationships; develop and deliver on PR and marketing plans for clients.
- Media relations – develop media releases, pitches and materials that secure quality coverage in targeted media.
- Influencer liaison – proactively develop relationships with celebrities, influencers and media on opportunities for clients, including product reviews, event appearances and content contributions.
- Social media management – oversee campaigns across multiple platforms that drive community engagement and brand presence.
- Internal engagement – mentor and guide a talented and promising PR team; participate in team activities, idea generation sessions and professional development opportunities.
To excel at the role, the candidate must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Media / Communications
- 4-5 years’ PR experience in an agency environment
- Confidence in social media strategy
- A track record of securing editorial coverage
- Ability to provide clear delegation of tasks and feedback
- Ability to work across multiple projects and deadlines
- Curiosity and good listening skills
- Permanent Australian residency status
- 2 x YOLO Days p/a – paid days for when something more important than work comes up
- 1 x Marylin Day p/a – paid day off on your birthday
- Membership of global independent agencies, PROI
- Opportunities to extend capabilities into content marketing
- Professional development budget – pitch your ideas
Filtered Media helps iconic brands tell their stories, brilliantly. We pride ourselves on cultivating an engaging workplace culture and our people enjoy flexible working conditions, spirited creative discussions and an attractive, comfortable workspace in Chatswood. See more: www.filteredmedia.com.au
Salary guide: $65K – $80K per annum inc super, commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter addressing criteria to [email protected] by 4 June 2016. Early applications encouraged.
This full time* role is available for immediate start.
*4-days p/w part time considered for the right candidate.